Junior Media Spokesperson
Junior Media Spokesperson
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
In this position as Junior Media Spokesperson, your mission will be to reinforce and protect reputation of Roche as a leading research-focused healthcare company in major international media as well as Swiss business and lay media and act as a spokesperson on behalf of the Roche Group.
In detail, your responsibilities will be:
- To proactively set the agenda in the media on a limited number of key priority topics that are important to Roche from a strategic, business and/or reputation perspective in close coordination with the Head of Media Relations and other communication teams across the Roche Group
- To ensure timely and effective reaction to upcoming issues by proactively networking with relevant content owners and by using media monitoring for early detection of upcoming issues
- To coordinate and plan news flow with other communications departments within Roche
- To support and prepare Corporate Executive Committee members and specialists for media activities (media training, interviews, briefings etc.)
- To foster relationship with key journalists of Swiss and international media
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
For this interesting position you bring a University degree in science, economics, or PR/Communications as well as a minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in Corporate Communications, Media Relations, or Public Relations in a multinational working environment, industry or agency. Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
Further you will bring the following skills and experience:
An excellent team player, good listener, of high integrity and with the ability to build trust
Strong relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with senior management
Experienced in dealing with journalists and in building and maintaining relationships with them
Fluent in written and spoken English and German
Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Communications
- Subfunction Media Relations
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Corporate Administration
- Date 2016/10/14
- Job-ID 2573470741
Get in touch
Christine Müller+41 61 687 46 62
Work Location: Basel
You could also like these jobs
Praktikum im Event ManagementDeutschland, Baden Württemberg, MannheimVolontär Communications (m/w) Schwerpunkt Interne KommunikationDeutschland, Baden Württemberg, GrenzachSenior Communication OfficerChina, Shanghai, Shanghai