Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
International Communications Leader
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
The role of Global Product Strategy is to provide strategic business direction from research through to development, commercialization and medical excellence, collaborating with functions and affiliates to shape the future of medicine. GPS drives the development of the Disease Area Strategy Plans including shaping the definition of forecast, TPP, LIP criteria; defining a value proposition to enable patient access and producing Annual Lifecycle Plans (ALP). The GPS communications team is focused on strategic communications in support of Roche products, disease and therapeutic areas, as well as some of the business priorities that span multiple products and therapeutic areas.
This is an opportunity to join a creative and dynamic team of communications professionals who work cross-functionally across Global Product Strategy (GPS), and with colleagues throughout the Roche communications network.
As there is more than one position available, spanning therapeutic areas, applicants will be screened for all open roles.
The International Communications Leader (ICL) is an integrated member of product lifecycle teams. Given the nature of the position, the ICL works closely with various cross-functional partners and stakeholders, including Group Communications, Global Health Policy, Investor Relations, GPS Therapeutic Area team leaders, etc.
• Acts as an expert in international product public relations (PR)/communications best practices
• Leads the development and implementation of Annual Communications Plans, including strategy, tactics and resources, for each assigned product(s) or business segment(s)
• Develops and finalizes press releases, media relations materials, Q&A documents, etc.
• Ensures a clear product/segment position and associated messaging
• Identifies, prepares for and manages issues related to the assigned product(s) or business segment(s)
• Establishes and cultivates cross-functional relationships; working collaboratively with all partners and stakeholders
• Identifies and shares best practices and other lessons learned with regional and affiliate communications partners and stakeholders, as well as other ICLs in GPS Communications
• Ensures assigned goals and objectives are met and that assigned projects and other work are completed on time, to high standards and within budget
• Manages external PR/Communications Agency selection, contract negotiation, active management of the contract, and implementation oversight.
• Shares, fosters and advances best practices within the GPS Communications team.