Head, Global Health Policy
Head, Global Health Policy
Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
Health policy is the system of laws, guidance and practices that inform actions and decision-making affecting people’s health and well-being. To ensure that more people receive access to good healthcare and high quality medicines, such as those produced by Roche, it is essential that this system is receptive to and supportive of innovative medicines and personalized healthcare. As the Head of Global Health Policy, you:
- will lead and oversee the global function and team responsible for developing, implementing and executing global health policy strategies, objectives, plans, tactics and metrics for all products and associated disease and therapeutic areas across the Roche Pharma portfolio.
- will define, set and oversee implementation and execution of the overall vision, strategy, objectives and infrastructure for Global Health Policy. You will also play the lead role on global health policy strategies, plans and tactics for pan-therapeutic needs.
- you and your team have specialist knowledge and contacts that allow you to strategically inform and influence global health policy environments. Ultimately, this translates to enhanced opportunities for the greatest access to the best medicines available, including those produced by Roche.
- You will lead the Global Health Policy Leadership Team and be a standing member of the Global Public Affairs (GPA) Leadership Team. As such, you will also make critical contributions to the overall vision, strategy and infrastructure of GPA and GPS overall.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
This position interfaces with a broad spectrum of stakeholders both internally and externally, from breifing C-Level executives through to handling topics at a country and product level. As a result, the successfull candidate will need to demonstrate:
- In-depth understanding of the international health policy and advocacy environments and decision-making processes
- In-depth understanding and consistent adherence to compliance policies in relation to working with third parties, particularly NGOs, policy makers, healthcare professionals and patient organizations
- Knowledge of development and commercialization processes in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry
- Strong track record of creating innovative/breakthrough policy strategies/opportunities in a healthcare related environment
- Outstanding strategic agility: outstanding grasp of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and regularly applies such to create robust and innovative strategies Demonstrable abilities to manage larger-scale global health policy strategies, plans, activities and teams
- Excellent leadership skills: can manage larger-scale teams, develop individual skills and abilities, while driving teams to meet or exceed targets and goals
- Has demonstrated effective leadership of multiple teams
- Can manage managers: can ensure the accomplishment of goals and targets through indirect leadership
- Outstanding consulting skills: consistent and proven track record of helping internal partners/stakeholders address strategic opportunities and solve problems
- Strong communication & presentation skills: consistently exhibits professional maturity, confidence and competence. Knows how to summarize and communicate the key points and business case for others to effectively and expeditiously make important business decisions
- Outstanding organizational & time management skills: proven abilities to manage multiple, often complex and sometimes competing, objectives, goals and other priorities to effective and efficient conclusion
- Outstanding change management skills and a proven track record of effectively driving organizational change and innovation
- Outstanding influencing & negotiation skills: consistently extracts optimized business results through skillful collaboration with others
- Outstanding interpersonal & partnering skills: proven track record of building strong and sustainable relationships with internal and external partners/stakeholders
- Ability to travel globally
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel
- Function Market Access
- Subfunction Management Market Access
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Executive (Director/VP/SVP)
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Date 2016/10/07
- Job-ID 2958804654
You could also like these jobs
Head, Global Health PolicySwitzerland, Basel-Town, BaselGerente de Asuntos GubernamentalesArgentina, Buenos AiresPatient Support Program Educator - Educador de Programas de Apoyo a PacientesChile, Santiago