Head of R&D Effectiveness
Head of R&D Effectiveness
Switzerland, Zug, Rotkreuz
In our Workflow & IT organization we provide innovative automation solutions supporting Diagnostic Laboratories to optimize their workflow/intra-logistic processes, which results in an improvement in testing efficiency, service to clinicians and provided patient care. With the most complete portfolio in the market, we offer the best customized solution for every lab (low-, mid- and high-volume laboratories).
We are looking to hire the Head of Workflow (WF) & IT R&D Effectiveness, to drive the implementation of the continuous improvement mindset of the organization.
Main tasks and duties:
- Accountable for the definition and implementation of the WF & IT R&D Effectiveness vision, mission, organization, core processes and competences in alignment of the overall WF & IT R&D strategy.
- Disciplinary and functional leadership of the R&D Effectiveness organization and all its integrated departments and direct reports.
- Accountable for the definition, planning, monitoring and successful execution of all internal improvement projects of the WF & IT R&D Organization.
- Responsible for the definition, alignment and harmonization of the core R&D processes in close cooperation with the accountable business process manager located in functional R&D development organization and other organizational units of the SIS organization
- Accountable for the alignment and documentation of R&D tool requirements, R&D tool and toolchain selection and facilitating of R&D tool & toolchain investments decisions in close cooperation with the functional R&D leaders and tool key user.
- Accountable to setup a cohesive R&D performance measurement and controlling system in alignment with and supported by the local finance manager and R&D controller.
- Works with key stakeholders to handle resourcing issues and any conflicts between functions.
- Effectively leads a highly effective and engaged team, ensuring time and resources are appropriately allocated to functions / projects.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Master's degree in Engineering (Software, Hardware, Electronics, or equivalent)
- Successful experience in leading an R&D organization
- Proven experience in a global matrix company from a highly regulated industry
- Strong business understanding and stakeholder management ability (MBA degree is an asset)
- Ability to switch from a detailed point of view to a global overview
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Passion in leading people: listening, empowering, developing, inspiring and guiding teams are your values. Leadership experience across several locations is highly appreciated
Who we are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world’s leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories and doctors’ offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics’ main sites. Read more
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
- Location Switzerland, Zug, Rotkreuz
- Function Development
- Subfunction Technology and Systems Engin
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Manager with Direct Reports
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Diagnostics
- Date 2016/09/30
- Job-ID 3241788943