RUAG Space is part of the international RUAG group which is active in the fields of Aerospace and Defence and employs more than 8,000 employees worldwide. We are Europe's largest, independent supplier to the aerospace industry. In Switzerland, Sweden, Austria, Finland and in the USA we develop, produce and test subsystems and components for Space applications. Heritage, flexibility and outstanding reliability make RUAG Space the partner of choice for producers of satellites and the launch services industry all over the world.
• Sizing and detailed static analysis of metallic and composite (sandwich and monolithic) parts of spacecraft structures
• Optimization of Lightweight aerospace structures using Additive Layer Manufacturing technology
• Finite Element analysis: Static, Thermo-elastic, Modal, Buckling, Sine Response, Random
• Hand calculation of structural components
• Preparation of mechanical analysis reports
• Technical support in meetings
Skills & experience
• University degree in Aerospace Engineering
• Post-graduate experience in stress analysis
• Experience in Spacecraft industry
• Knowledge of aerospace structures
• Knowledge of Additive Layer Manufacturing Analysis and Design
• Knowledge of Topological, Shape and Size structural optimization.
• Experience with, Hyperworks (Hypermesh, Optistruct), MSC.NASTRAN, MSC.PATRAN.
• Experience with VBA for Excel
• Fatigue and damage tolerance experience is an asset
• Good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
• Must be able to work independently, be self-tasking, innovative and able to maintain tight timelines
• Must be available for travelling and working abroad
If you want to work in a fascinating, international and dynamic environment, we look forward to receiving your complete online application. Only direct applications will be considered.
RUAG Space| Hansjörg Zürcher |
Schaffhauserstrasse 580 | 8052 Zürich | www.ruag.com