Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Internship at swissnex Boston - Junior Project Manager 100%
veröffentlicht am: 19.10.2016
International Relations Office
The International Relations Office at the University of Zurich (UZH) and swissnex Boston offer an internship of the duration of 6 months at swissnex Boston as Junior Project Manager.
The mission of swissnex Boston is to promote Swiss excellence in science, education, art and innovation and to support the international activities of Swiss institutions of higher learning and research.
• Enhance the visibility of UZH: support of UZH presence at academic fairs and swissnex events; administer, promote and support the local UZH-Alumni network.
• Support academic initiatives of researchers of UZH in the U.S.
• Support the International Relations Office of UZH in several tasks including the organization of delegation visits.
swissnex Boston (50%):
• Intelligence work and editor of the Science-Switzerland and Science-Boston newsletters.
• Project lead in the Future of Money series.
• Supporting the Science & Technology Diplomatic Circle.
• Administrative and operational tasks.
• Degree (Master/Licentiate or Bachelor) from the University of Zurich, graduated within the last year before starting the internship
• Swiss citizenship or legal resident of Switzerland (permit C)
• Analytical and communication skills
• Open-minded, outgoing personality
• Able to take direction and work in a team-environment but self-motivating, flexible, and ready to help when needed
• Interest for international scientific collaboration
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Used to conceptual as well as administrative work
• Comfortable with occasional physical labor necessary for event and exhibit set-ups
• Deepened knowledge of the University of Zurich (beneficial)
• Superior written and oral English language skills; further languages a plus
• Candidate must have no prior work experience in the field of study since their last graduation
• The total period of internships (“Hochschulpraktium”/ “Stage académique”, including this one) within the Swiss federation does not exceed 12 months
• Gaining work experience in an international and highly dynamic environment (English is the official working language)
• Connecting with political, economic and scientific institutions in the U.S. and Switzerland
• Developing networking and project management skills and extending your personal network
• Interaction and learning from a dynamic team with varied experiences and backgrounds
• Office located in Boston/Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Location: swissnex Boston (www.swissnexboston.org); two days of introduction at the University of Zurich before moving to Boston
Compensation: USD 2000/month
Duration: 6 months; Start: March 2016
Claudia Rüegger, International Relations Office, University of Zurich
+41 44 634 61 93
Application in English by e-mail only with usual documents until Friday, November 4, 2016 to: email@example.com (early applications welcome)