Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Research Associate / PhD candidate 60%
veröffentlicht am: 13.09.2016
Lehrstuhl für Marketing und Marktfoschung
The Chair for Marketing and Market Research is part of the Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and IT at the University of Zurich (http://www.market-research.uzh.ch). We focus on quantitative empirical market research in the area of marketing and consumer behavior. Our core research topic is the connected customer (online communities, social networks, social groups).
Your responsibilities are...
- to develop, to manage and to publish research projects,
- to teach classes on market research in English,
- to collaborate in administrative tasks.
We are looking for an open minded personality with the following abilities:
- excellent degree (MA/diploma) in business administration, economics, business mathematics, business physics, or computer science with focus on econometrics or statistical physics,
- good commands and/or willingness to develop knowledge of the following programming languages: Python, Java, C, and/or C++
- substantial experience in quantitative empirical data analysis (econometric modeling and/or social network analysis) and first experience in dealing with “big data” projects,
- good commands and/or willingness to develop thorough knowledge of the statistical program R, Stata, Matlap and/or Mplus,
- motivation to publish the research results in international high-quality journals,
- excellent communication skills,
- curiosity, motivation, inquisitiveness, tenacity and discipline,
- self-reliance, reliability, integrity, creativity and commitment.
very good command of English (oral and written)
Applications should include one single PDF file with a letter of motivation (1 page), a detailed CV, grades of all university courses taken (transcripts).
Please submit the corresponding documents by October 31th 2016 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Title: Application research associate).
- a chair with strong emphasis on quantitative research,
- an opportunity to complete a PhD within the University Research Priority Program “Social Networks”
- a wide-ranging, independent and interesting work as part of a dynamic team in a positive working atmosphere,
- a thorough career development program (management by objectives, international summer schools, conferences, etc.),
- a well-equipped workspace in an excellent university with international reputation,
- an appropriate salary,
- a good work-life balance.
1. January 2017 or by arrangement
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung mit den üblichen Unterlagen an oben genannte E-Mail-Adresse.