Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
veröffentlicht am: 29.09.2016
Department of Psychology
The Research School LIFE is a training program for doctoral students that reflects the collaboration among three Berlin institutions (Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Humboldt University, and Free University Berlin), two US institutions (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor; University of Virginia, Charlottesville), and the University of Zurich. The focus of the Research School is the study of developmental changes in human behavior over evolutionary and ontogenetic time. As a collaborative Research School, LIFE offers doctoral students unique training in the dynamics of human behavior on different time scales and includes opportunities for research abroad at a cooperating institution. The training program includes seminars, a series of academies, and collaborative supervision of research training. Detailed information can be found at www.imprs-life.mpg.de.
This position is affiliated with Dr. Shanahan's Developmental Psychopathology and Health research laboratory at the University of Zurich, with a special emphasis on "The Emerging Intersection of Physical and Mental Health in the Early Life Course." For information on Dr. Shanahan's program of research, please visit:
Applicants should hold a master's, “Diplom” or equivalent degree in psychology or related field. Applicants should also intend to pursue an academic career, have strong interests in interdisciplinary developmental science, and have strong skills in research and statistical methods.
English and German (English-speaking only will suffice).
Send all of the following materials in one PDF file to: email@example.com
• a general statement detailing your motivation to join LIFE and how you see yourself fitting into the program and the Zurich site of the program (one page, 12-pt type, single-spaced)
• a specific statement detailing your motivation to join Dr. Shanahan’s “Developmental Psychopathology and Health” research laboratory (one page, 12-pt type, single-spaced)
• your curriculum vitae
• a scanned copy of official master’s (or equivalent) diploma, or proof of imminent completion
• a sample of your writing (publication, preprint, or manuscript)
• in addition to this PDF file, please have two independent letters of recommendation sent separately to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Students admitted to LIFE will receive a stipend funded by the Jacobs Foundation equivalent to that earned by a doctoral student at the University of Zurich (approx. CHF 47,000-50,000) for up to 3 years (up to 02/2020). In addition, each year, some research funds are available for the doctoral student to conduct her/his research.
as soon as possible
Prof. Dr. Lilly Shanahan
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung mit den üblichen Unterlagen an oben genannte E-Mail-Adresse.