Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Software Developer (Digital Humanities) 100%
veröffentlicht am: 04.10.2016
The Service and Support for Science IT (S3IT)
The Service and Support for Science IT (S3IT) unit of the University of Zurich is looking for an experienced software developer to join our team and implement the “Projekt einer Nationalen Infrastruktur für Editionen - Infrastructure nationale pour les éditions (NIE - INE)”.
The S3IT unit is part of the Information Technology department at the University of Zurich, with the goal of supporting research use of IT across the university. This includes consulting, providing access to research IT infrastructure, data management, as well as software development.
Main tasks of this position are:
• Development of NIE-INE software architecture based on the Knora/SALSAH technology (http://www.knora.org)
• Implementation of the back-end of NIE-INE using a functional programming paradigm
• Integration of specific editorial tools in the overarching frame of NIE-INE
You are expected to possess a university degree in computer science or a related field and to have demonstrable working experience in the following:
• Good knowledge of Semantic Web technologies (RDF, RDFS, OWL und SPARQL), especially for data modelling of complex relationships
• Knowledge of functional programming (Scala)
• Understanding of and strong interest in the humanities
Good knowledge of written and spoken German is expected.
We offer an innovative and creative work environment and the collaboration in an infrastructure project that will be trendsetting for research in the humanities in Switzerland. Our offices are located on the beautiful Irchel campus. Being part of a project and development team spanning multiple universities, occasional traveling within Switzerland will be required. You will be compensated according to the high living standards of Zurich and conditions in accordance to the regulations of the University of Zurich.
Employment will start on October 1st 2016 (or later by agreement) and will last until the end of September 2019.
For further information please contact Dr. Marcel Riedi (email@example.com).
You are invited to submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.