Account Manager - Coatings
Specialty Products serves a wide variety of industries with leading technologies that yield safer, better and more cost-effective products. Aclar ® films are used extensively in pharmaceutical and medical packaging, protecting medicines from moisture. Our Performance Additives are used to produce better inks, adhesives, paints, coatings, plastics and personal care products. Honeywell’s Spectra ® fiber, 15 times stronger than steel, yet light enough to float, is used in vests and helmets that protect military personnel and law enforcement officers around the world. Honeywell’s PowerShield ® backing systems protect photovoltaic modules used to generate solar energy, enabling them to have greater efficiency over their lifetimes.
Manage direct accounts for the assigned territory / application space within the EMEA region, representing 18 M$ in revenue. Main countries are Benelux, France, Switzerland, UK, Nordic
Consistently deliver and exceed on monthly and quarterly AOP (Annual Operating Plan) targets of volume, revenue and profitability.
Use value pricing to define and implement pricing strategy by account and application segment.
Own customer payment term and past dues performance. Meet DSO and PD targets
Own forecasting accuracy of customers and up-date Honeywell system on a monthly basis. .
Develop and execute strategic account plans for major customers.
Promote A-Câ specialty additives value propositions by end use application/market.
Continuously find new customers and/or segments where A-Câ specialty additives current value propositions applies.
Ability to market/sell products at multiple levels within an organization and to multiple functions.
Perform “Voice Of Customer” activities to gather unmet needs at accounts.
Work closely with field marketing manager to feed customer needs into the New Product introduction development process.
Build a growth sales-pipeline, lead tight follow-up to insure short cycle time to commercial closure. Coordinate and lead Honeywell internal support to customers
Continuously assess market trends, technical developments and competitive environment and communicate clearly to the team.
Support the development of the strategic plan (STRAP) and the annual operating plan (AOP) for the overall SRM business.
• University level economical or technical degree, (major in Chemistry or Polymer Science major is preferred.)
• sales experience in the adhesive, coating, ink, or specialty chemical industry.
• Proven track record of developing sales plans and following up on the execution to achieve growth goals
• Strong sales negotiation skills
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with customers
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both spoken and written.
• Ready to travel extensively (50%)
• Adhesive, ink or coating industry background, experience with waxes products is a plus
• Excellent organizational skills and analytical capabilities
• Bias for action and results orientated
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
• Demonstrated skills in understanding customer needs.
• Very good at interpersonal skills
• Ability to do cost-in-use analysis and link back to value pricing.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience in a global organization.
Business education, such as MBA.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.