Accelerate your career with Dimension Data(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjyz5HnZ_RU)
order to reinforce our professional services engineering team in Wallisellen (ZH), we are actively looking for a:
Junior Systems Engineer
The Junior Systems Engineer has the ability to make configurations, action installations and attend to break/fix events at a higher complexity level to that of the Senior Technician. Their primary function is to ensure that client solution requirements are resolved in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
Junior Systems Engineer is an entry level position working closely with the PS Implementation Engineering Team. The individual will acquire the ability to make configurations, action installations and attend to break/fix events at a medium complexity level and will work will work closely with PS Implementation Engineers and the Senior PS Implementation Engineers
Assist in installation, break/fix and problem management
A Junior Systems Engineer develops the ability to start 'owning' portions of an installation, break/fix incidents and problem management. The PS Implementation Engineer has a basic understanding and appreciation of technical design principles. The individual develops an understanding of fundamental project management and administration processes.
Ensure client satisfaction
The Junior Systems Engineer works closely with and under the supervision of the PS Implementation Engineers to meet client requirements.
Perform technical telephonic duties
The individual may be required to perform periodic telephonic duty on the technical service desk, providing second line telephonic support under guidance to clients.
The individual displays a strong learning orientation. They have good verbal communication skills and are able to assist a team to ensure their success. They demonstrate a client service orientation and have a hands-on proactive approach.
- IP VPN (IPSec, SSL VPN)
- Knowledge in enterprise Routing and Switching environments
Spanning-Tree, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP etc
Riverbed, F5 and Wireless (a plus)
- Degree in Technology
- At least 3 years’ experience in Engineering within a related environment
- Good communicator, getting the best out of your teammates and exercising good listening skills to ensure understanding of the client’s business to ensure their satisfaction and loyalty
- Client centricity focused
- Ability to handle various projects at the same time and resolve issues quickly and completely
- Have a proactive approach to solving problems and be hands-on
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a support team, contributing to their success
- German and English are required, French is a plus
This position is based in Wallisellen (ZH), located close to commodities, with free parking available.
Do you want to work within an innovative global organisation and continue to drive our success?
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Dimension Data SA, Switzerland