Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Auto req ID9565BRBusiness Unit NameOncology Systems (ONCG)Position TitleTechnical WriterJob TypeRegularLocation-CountrySwitzerlandLocation-CityBadenJob DescriptionThe Global Publication Support Services team is responsible for creating, maintaining and localizing user documentation for the Varian Oncology Systems unit software and hardware products. We take care of instructions for use, reference, safety and administration guides, online help systems and other customer-facing documentation.
The Varian Medical Systems Imaging Laboratory offers a respectful, friendly, open and international working environment, regular training and education, flexible work time management, competitive salaries and excellent fringe benefits.
Description of Position
In this position within a global multicultural team with presence in Europe, North America and India, you will author and maintain documentation in close collaboration with your colleagues, with product management and with scientific partners worldwide.
• Creates, develops, plans, writes and edits operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication.
• Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation.
• Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users. May document engineering processes and specifications.
• Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements.
• Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards
• Coordinates work and deliverables with Project managementJob RequirementsDesired Qualifications
• Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) and 4 years of related experience or Master Degree with 3 years of related experience
• Excellent English language skills, written and verbal. Mother tongue a clear advantage
• Excellent problem-solving skills; careful attention to detail and quality.
• Experience in authoring quality documentation in English for international audiences
• Knowledge of authoring, globalization and localization best practices
• Knowledge of DITA content management systems and concepts, familiarity with multimedia and technical documentation formats
• Solid experience working with authoring tools such as XML editors, FrameMaker, Webworks, Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience using business tools such as E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience or great interest in working in the medical domain
• Experience working in regulatory environment a plus.
• Good communication and teamwork skills, experience in working within local and remote global teams
• Travel: approx. 5%
• Open, honest, reflective, cooperative, ready to learn
• Broad experience in global company, remote teams, team player