Data Architect (80-100%)
Data Architect (80-100%)
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss private banking group with a focus on servicing and advising sophisticated private clients and a premium brand in global wealth management. That is why a comprehensive range of services and first-class service quality are essential – as are the committed teams that provide them.
Innovation, operative excellence and appreciation to our employees influence the IT of Bank Julius Baer. We invest continuously in the development of our existing IT landscape and offer through progressive thinking and efficiency the best possible service to our business units. As part of our global and strategic initiatives back office, channel, partner and wealth management systems will be replaced by future-oriented new solutions. To support our strategy, we are looking for the best talents who are willing to shape this challenging journey with us. If this appeals to you, then you should contact us.
The data architect has the skills for working with data as they are persisted and as they move, particularly as they relate to integration. This means that the data architect is an expert in defining data structures (including modeling on conceptual and logical level) but also in data integration practices for operational and business intelligence uses. The work includes:
- Contribution to the strategic development of the domain(s) according to business requirements and to future business development
- Development of enterprise data models as the basis for application design (persistence and data services)
- Review of solutions blueprints and design documents according to the project classification with focus on data persistence and integration
- Support of the annual IT strategy process
- Definition and maintenance of data architecture standards and guidelines
- Ensure compliance with the domain model
- For each domain ensure the technical consistency, integrity, and exemption from redundancy of data storage, therefore ensuring an optimum implementation
- Guidance for Solution Architect and IT Project Manager
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Information Technology
- Good knowledge in Computer Science and Information Technology (data modeling, database design, technology trends)
- Experience in data modeling, in particular conceptual data modeling (aka Business Object Models)
- Experience in modern application architecture with focus on RDBMS (Oracle) and Java Persistence
- Experience in enterprise architecture with focus on data (and integration), i.e. topics like OLTP vs. OLAP, reporting, etc. and realization of enterprise solutions (e.g. data access services, data replication, reconciliations, etc.)
- Good understanding of the Private Banking business area (business processes, business needs, trends in the business area)
- Strategic ability to relate the application/data landscape to the business needs and business vision/strategy
- Structured, innovative and goal-oriented personality with very good analytical and conceptual skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
Mrs Noemi Widmer, Human Resources, Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd, is looking forward to receiving your full job application through our online application tool. Mrs Noemi Widmer, will be pleased to provide you with any additional information you may require on the area of responsibility. You can reach Mrs Noemi Widmer by phone +41 (0) 58 888 43 34.
You can find further interesting job opportunities under www.juliusbaer.com/jobs