IT Infrastructure Architect
Welcome to the world’s most exciting industry! One in four Swiss residents relies on Sunrise on a daily basis – from their very first e-mail in the morning to their evening movie. That means our performance really matters. And that's why we are looking for employees who are truly passionate about what they do.
IT Infrastructure Architect
Duties and responsibilities:
- Define/develop high-level IT Infrastructure Architecture and required blueprints/roadmaps fulfilling the security-, SLA/OLA requirements and following best practices and cost efficiency.
- Review (regularly and/or on demand) and approve of system designs documentation and provide feedback.
- Develop business cases and cost-benefit analysis for technology enhancements or services.
- Define and optimize IT infrastructure principles
- Provide support to IT projects and other teams in the daily usage and maintenance of the architecture
- Represent the Architecture team in projects and towards other departments
- Advise and support the management team regarding any infrastructure related strategic and operational decisions/projects
- Education: University Degree (e.g. MSc) or equivalent
- Experience: 5+ years of IT infrastructure architecture practice (design and operation)
- Considerable technical depth in Windows and Unix based systems design
- Strong background in design and deployment of high availability systems
- Solid understanding of enterprise storage products and technology (e.g. SAN, NAS, RAID, tiered storage management, iSCSI and Fiber based) and practical experience in operating these technologies
- Proficient in sizing and designing database systems
- In depth knowledge and practical experience with Server and Desktop virtualization
- Solid understanding of OSI layer 1-4 network design including secure network access architectures
- Good understanding of network and application access architectures (forward and reverse proxies, application gateways/routers and SSL VPN products)
- Experience with infrastructure at an enterprise scale and infrastructure best practices
- Past experience with infrastructure migration projects involving virtualization or external hosting would be desirable
- Proven track record of relevant telecom experience
- Deep understanding of how to apply modern information technology to support the business
- Proven track record in managing infrastructure projects
- Languages: Fluent written & spoken German & English
At Sunrise, you will be working in a dynamic environment where a lot can be achieved through dedication. A wide range of opportunities for professional development will be available to you. In addition to progressive employee benefits, you will receive attractive telecommunications offers.
We believe that teamwork is the key to making work fun. Do you agree? Then seize the moment and apply online!
Pleae note: we will not be able to consider candidates from agencies.
Lucia Polatti, HR Manager
Sunrise Communications AG