Trade Compliance Manager
We are one of the world’s leading providers of technical solutions to airlines. Through our integrated service solutions we make sure our customer airlines have airworthy aircraft ready and available to fly. To and from any destination. Around the clock, around the globe.
Trade Compliance Manager (f/m) - Ref. OGC 3807
The Trade Compliance Manager is a key function supporting the SRT operational business by integrating trade compliance and customs management practices across all functions. The Trade Compliance Manager supports compliance initiatives through both activities with the relevant business operations and through the support and development of trade related IT solutions. The position will provide regulatory guidance to the operations, as well as lead projects and participate in program development activities to ensure all relevant trade, shipping and customs data for imported articles are captured and maintained.
- Provide management and guidance to ensure ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to company-wide, global, import and export transactions
- Provide support and strategic guidance to the SRT business operations regarding trade compliance and customs management practices, in Switzerland and other global locations
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide oversight for trade compliance issues including, but not limited to, HTS classification, HTS and country of origin determination/marking, valuation, incoterms, assessment of Free Trade Agreement requirements
- Responsibility for the coordination of global importation and exportation procedures incl. management of special customs regimes, documenting, archiving of all relevant papers, procedural control adhered regulations and reporting information towards internal and external authorities
- Ability to recognize, design and implement process improvements for the trade compliance organization; whilst, also participating in global and local process development/improvement activities to support trade compliance topics throughout the SRT operational units
- Act as a focal point of contact for outside audits of site import and export control policies and procedures
- Perform contractual reviews and, when necessary, provide advice to the business on contractual import and export terms in order to identify, assess and mitigate impact of commercial risk on the business for all relevant contracts
- Maintains close working relationships with Finance, legal counsel, business managers, logistics service providers and customs brokers to ensure a co-operative and seamless execution of the import and export procedures
- Motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, self-starter with a ‘can do attitude’
- Bachelor with major in international business, trade, supply chain, risk – or equivalent of education and experience
- Fluent in written and oral English
- Fluency in German and/or Serbian is considered a plus
- 5-7+ years of relevant transactional and operational experience in a global Trade Compliance organization (import, export control and custom management) with a proven track record in project management
- Experience in supporting a global logistics network
- Experience in leading process improvement trade management projects
- Knowledge of IT systems such as, SAP, GTS, Amber Road and/or other international trade data management tools
- Experience with Trade Compliance/Customs Management in CH, EU and USA desired, experience in emerging markets, preferred
- Experience in a Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) organization, preferred
- Experience with Export Control and/or Sanctions related topics, preferred
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aircraft maintenance business.
We only accept direct applications.