The Blue Brain Project (BBP), applies advanced neuroinformatics, data analytics, high-performance computing and simulation-based approaches to the challenge of understanding the structure and function of the mammalian brain in health and disease. The BBP plays a leading role in the Human Brain Project, which aims to accelerate our understanding of the human brain, enable advances in defining and diagnosing brain disorders, and develop new brain-like technologies through open science and global collaboration.
The Neuroinfor matics Platform (NIP) team is responsible for large-scale neuroscience data integration, search and analysis to serve the scientific community. The Software Engineer will be primarily responsible for developing and maintaining rich web applications to expose and navigate the integrated neuroscientific data.
To strengthen the team, we are looking for a
Software Engineer – Frontend developer
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participation in the UX and UI design process
- Integration with various backend services and tools through REST interfaces
- All aspects of the modern software development lifecycle: unit testing, continuous integration, version control, debugging, documentation and direct user support
Experience and preferred skills:
- Talented in UX and responsive design
- Experience with single page web application architecture
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (SCRUM)
- Practitioner of the modern web development tools (Grunt, npm, Sass, CDN, Mocha or similar, Selenium or similar)
- Very good familiarity with the modern software development life-cycle: unit testing, integration testing, continuous integration, version control, debugging, documentation
- Good team players and fluent English in speech and writing
- Experience with OpenLayers, D3.js, WebGL / three.js is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps tasks with the following technologies: Puppet, Docker, OpenStack, nginx, Jenkins
- Bachelors or Masters degree in software engineering or similar
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar position
What we offer:
- An internationally visible project in simulation-based research in neuroscience using supercomputers
- A young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary, and international working environment
Start date : asap; Deadline for application: until the position is filled Activity rate : 100%; Duration of contract: 1 year, renewable Ref: BBP13119
Applicants should submit a cover letter and a detailed CV in PDF format only, with file name “Surnam e_position applied to _Cover Letter” and “Surname _position applied to _CV ”electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the position title and the reference in the “subject” field.