The EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), situated on the Campus Biotech in Geneva, Switzerland, applies advanced neuroinformatics, data analytics, high-performance computing and simulation-based approaches to the challenge of understanding the structure and function of the mammalian brain in health and disease. The BBP plays a leading role in the Human Brain Project, which aims to accelerate our understanding of the human brain, enable advances in defining and diagnosing brain disorders, and develop new brain-like technologies through open science and global collaboration.
The Blue Brain Project has recently released the first version of the Neuroinformatics Platform, which serves as the Human Brain Project’s search engine for distributed data, curated data repositories, brain atlases, data integration and brain research knowledge management.
We are now seeking to fill the following position:
Section Manager – Neuroscience Data Curation
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the Neuroscience Data Curation team
- In collaboration with the Head of Neuroinformatics and the Section Manager of the Neuroinformatic Platform, define and implement the Data Curation roadmap in accordance to the project objectives
- Build strong working relationships and partnerships with data providers and lead the efforts of data standardisation in the frame of their implementation in the Neuroinformatic Platform
- Coordinate and ensure communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in operating and maintaining data integration in the Neuroinformatic Platform
- Support the coordination of the European projects
- Participate in writing and reviewing of scientific reports
Experience and preferred skills:
- Strong organisational skills and sense of diplomacy
- Experience in integration of biological data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Domain knowledge in neuroscience (understanding different types of neuroscience experimental data and experiment design)
- Familiarity with ontologies, particularly in the biosciences
- PhD or Master in Bioinformatics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience in Biological data management
- English written and spoken, French would be a plus.
What we offer:
- An internationally visible and rising project in simulation-based research in neuroscience
- A young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary, and international working environment
- A modern working environment, based at the Biotech Campus in Geneva Sécheron
Start date: as soon as possible ; Activity rate:100%; Deadline for application: until position is filled Duration of contract:1 year, renewable, possibility for a CDI after 1 year. Ref: BBP13201
Applicants should submit a cover letterand a detailed CVin PDF format only, with file name “ Surname_ positon applied_Cover letter” and “ Surname_ positon applied_CV” electronically to email@example.com . Please use the position title in the “object” field.