The Human Brain Project is a European Flagship project with 112 leading universities and research institutes in 24 countries around the world. The goal of the project is to better understand the human brain by accelerating large-scale collaborative neuroscience across a wide range of disciplines. As part of the work needed to accomplish this goal we are building a neuroscientific research infrastructure to enable strategic scientific use-cases.
The Project Coordination Office of The Human Brain Project (HBP-PCO) atEPFL, situated on the Campus Biotech in Geneva, Switzerland is looking to strengthen the Science Coordination team with a:
Scientific Project Manager
To deliver a web-based analytics engine to the HBP to aid data bases decision making.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate and support the preparation of project proposals and Description of the Action documents.
- Prepare detailed planning documents and follow up using project management tools.
- Help monitor the progress of project implementation across 12 Subprojects and 100+ partners.
- Support the planning of next phases Work Plan, by interacting with researchers in the different Subprojects, prepare reports and visualization elements for its analysis.
- Contribute to the development of a management database and to the curation of its data.
What we are looking for:
- PhD/Master’s degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with European Commission-funded research projects
- Excellent organization skills
- Well-organized, resistant to stress, multitasking person with positive and pro-active attitude
- Good team players and fluent written and spoken English
Some of the other things we like:
- Fluent in French, German, Spanish, Italian and/or any other European language
- Coordination experience of EU research projects in FP7 or H2020.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with an academic environment and in working with researchers and professors.
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment.
Why work in the HBP-PCO ?
Understanding the human brain is one of the greatest challenges facing 21st century science. Joining the HBP-PCO will put you at the centre of an effort to gain profound insights into what makes us human, develop new treatments for brain disease and build revolutionary new computing technologies.
We work hard to find the right people and to keep our skills and insights sharp. We are a young, dynamic, interdisciplinary and international team. We focus on delivering high value to the scientific community and are involved in everything from community engagement to delivering high-end technological solutions.
Our offices benefit from a modern working environment based in Biotech Campus, 200m from the shore of Lake Leman, in one of the best cities to live in the world. You will be in the center of Europe with easy access by rail and Geneva airport to all that Europe has to offer.
Join us and make an important contribution to the success of one of the most exciting projects of the 21 stcentury!
Start date: as soon as possible; Deadline for application: until position is filled
Activity rate: 100%; Duration of contract: 1 year, renewable
Applicants should submit a cover letter and a detailed CV in PDF format only, with file name “Surname_positon applied_Cover letter” and “Surname_positon applied_CV” electronically to email@example.com Please use the position title in the “object” field.