Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
ENAC - Postdoctoral Position Viral Ecology in Stream Biofilms
The Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, invites applications for a Postdoctoral researcher in the Stream Biofilm and Ecosystem Research Laboratory ( http://sber.epfl.ch/) of Prof. Tom Battin. The project is funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation over three years and focuses on the virome in stream biofilms. While prokaryotic diversity in stream biofilms is being increasingly well understood, the role of viruses for the structure and function of biofilms remains elusive at best.
The successful candidate will combine metagenomics with metacommunity ecology, and experiments with fieldwork to unveil possible controls of viruses on stream biofilm structure and function, and on their biodiversity dynamics in stream networks. The successful candidate will work at EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland. Here she/he will be mentored by coPI Dr. Hannes Peter and PI Prof. Tom Battin.
1. A PhD degree in microbiology, virology or molecular biology
2. Dedicated experience with molecular biology and omics techniques
3. Excellent laboratory and quantitative skills
4. Excellent skills in bioinformatics and programming
5. Proficiency in scientific writing
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
Complete applications must include:
1. Letter of Application
2. Current Curriculum Vitae
3. Contact information for at least two professional References
The application must be submitted as one single pdf to email@example.com. Review of completed applications will begin October 15, 2016 and continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate can start working from 01 January 2017at latest.