The Laboratories of Dr. Freddy Radtke and Dr. Douglas Hanahan, at the Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology), are seeking for a highly motivated bioinformatics scientist, who has strong background in computational sciences (bioinformatics, statistics, programming), as well as good knowledge in biology, and especially cancer biology. The successful candidate will provide bioinformatics support to the members of the aforementioned groups, and actively be involved in the development and completion of various projects.
- Perform analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data (obtained by RNA-Seq, Exom seq, whole genome seq, deep seq, ChIP and ATAC-seq), as well as other OMICS data, such as miRNA arrays, methylome, and mass-spectometry proteomics.
- Develop new and utilize existing methods to systematically integrate OMICS data from different platforms.
- Interrogate and manipulate publicly available datasets (e.g. from The Cancer Genome Atlas) to prioritize genes of interest across multiple tumor types, integrate multiple data types, and contextualize results within human pathways and cellular processes.
- Interact with other bioinformation teams (UNIL, SIB).
- Masters degree in computer science, biology or equivalent.
- Strong experience in bioinformatics.
- Good programming/scripting skills (comfortable working with UNIX, knowledge of R).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must be fluent in English, both speaking and writing.
Contract : 100%; Fixed-term
Start date : As soon as possible
The application letter including a CV and copies of your certificates and references should be sent to: candidaturesSV@epfl.ch
To be mentioned under Object: 4669