Prof. Elisa Oricchio laboratory of Life Sciences Faculty of the EPFL-Institute for Cancer Research is seeking for a
Post-doctoral scientist 100 %
Research in the lab focuses on cancer genomics and its translation into new therapies. We combine genomic analyses of human tumors with functional in vivo studies to assess the role of genetic lesions intumor initiation, disease progression, and relapse under treatment.
- Conducting an independent research project, presenting and publishing the data.
- Training and supervising PhDs and students
- Ensuring the maintenance of equipment.
Experience / Qualifications:
- PhD and experience in the fields of cancer biology.
- Practical skills in genomic, molecular and cellular biology approaches as applied to animal work.
- Experience with in vitro and ex vivo approaches that complement in vivo animal works (primary tissue and organ cultures, histopathology, clinical chemistry, surgery procedures, tissues collection and preparation).
- Experience with bioinformatics tools
- Experience in the organization, management and training of technical staff/students is a plus.
- Strong communication, computing and interpersonal skills are important.
- Capacity to work both independently and in team.
- At least one publication as first author in peer reviewed journal
Start date:March 1st 2016 or to be discussed
The application letter including a CV and the name of at least 3 references should be sent by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org