The EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), situated on the Campus Biotech in Geneva, Switzerland, applies advanced neuroinformatics, data analytics, high-performance computing and simulation-based approaches to the challenge of understanding the structure and function of the mammalian brain in health and disease. The BBP provides the community with regular releases of data, models and tools to accelerate neuroscience discovery and clinical translation through open science and global collaboration.
To strengthen our Operations team, we are currently looking for a:
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute innovative communication plans and strategies for the BBP
- Develop and maintain relevant content for website, social media, intranet, email and newsletter that align with the organization's image
- In collaboration with EPFL communication department (Mediacom) produce press releases
- Maintain the project consistency and messaging across social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter; manage the editorial calendar and develop new social media profiles as needed.
- Write and edit various assets in support of projects, publications or communications
- Develop and manage internal communication tactics to increase intra-company awareness of the project goals, current initiatives and other news
- Provide support for internal HR employee recognition programs including but not limited to; entry and departure of the employees, promotions, certifications and retirement
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, mass communications, advertising or marketing or related field
- English mother tongue
- Excellent communication skills, particularly writing
- 2-4 years of professional communications experience
The Blue Brain Project is:
- A world-recognized leader in simulation-based research in neuroscience.
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, international and collaborative working environment committed to benefitting the global community
- A modern working environment, based at the Biotech Campus in Geneva Sécheron
Start date: as soon as possible ; Activity rate: 100%; Deadline for application : until position is filled Duration of contract: 1 year, renewable.Ref : BBP- Communications Specialist
Applicants should submit a cover letter and a detailed CV in PDF format only, with file name “ Surname_position _Cover Letter” and “ Surname_positon _CV”electronically to firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease use the reference of the position title in the “object” field.