Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Head IT Strategy, Governance & Innovation Management
Job ID194526BRPosition TitleHead IT Strategy, Governance & Innovation ManagementDivisionNBSBusiness UnitIT NBSCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaBD&L & Strategic PlanningJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob Description1. Develop and maintain the Novartis IT Strategy and NBS IT Strategic 5 Year Plan 2. Influence business strategic themes with IT insights, proactively scan and analyze the impact of new trends requiring e.g. new IT services, and develops recommendations on IT performance improvement from benchmarking NBS IT progress to the agreed target state
1. Develop and maintain the Novartis IT Strategy and 5-year Strategic Plan for NBS IT o Lead rigorous strategy development processes working closely with senior strategy leads o Maintain alignment to Novartis company and Divisional strategies and priorities o Engage on ECN, Digital Outcomes Council etc. deep-dives providing IT insights o Advise senior management on key IT trends, technologies, risks, competitive threats 2. Develop IT Function strategy deep-dives in partnership with the IT Function leadership o Deep dive on critical themes, e.g. cloud, “internet of things” in supply chain, etc. o Collaborate with IT Function Portfolio Managers and the IT Innovation Manager to identify synergy opportunities o Contribute in defining and implementing ITs operating strategy o Advise/engage on developing business cases for strategic initiatives. 3. Operate the IT Services Meeting – governance body to determine IT services strategy o Partner with IT Functions to determine service gaps and needs over a 2 to 5-year horizon, including major service adaptions o Recommend opportunities from e.g. external scanning and IT strategy evaluations o Prepare and conduct governance body to agree direction – on behalf of IT Operations 4. Benchmark IT performance against peers and across industry o Deliver insights and recommendations to improve IT performance – at a total function level and individual service level o Build strong relationships with Gartner, PISA, Research Board and strategic consultancies as to expand sources of insight and challenge o Deliver cCompetitive intelligence and publish e.g. monthly digest, to stakeholders 5. Successfully deliver select innovation and/or strategic change projects o Drive select, high-impact, cross-IT initiatives crucial in executing the IT Strategy, e.g. NBS IT War Room, NBS IT Business Case Tracking with effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing, and decision making across NBS IT functions 6. Develop an environment which fosters a high-performance and innovative organization o Benchmark the IT strategy development process and implement improvements to attain a high level of maturity o Serve as a mentor and role model. Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and behaviour in dealings with staff, colleagues, customers and outside contacts o Grow strategy talent pool including effectively leveraging the IT graduate program
IT vision and 5-year strategy defined and communicated, aligned to the Novartis company strategy and providing competitive advantage to Novartis • Quality of strategic deep-dives and customer satisfaction with engagement • Effectiveness of IT Services Meeting and associated decisions driving the IT services portfolio • Insightful benchmarking and analyses of IT performance • High quality deliverables including ITC and ECN presentations • Career progression of IT strategy hired and developedMinimum requirementsDegree in Information or Computer Science or degree in Life Science discipline with strategic management consulting experience and IT knowledge.
• Business fluent in English (written and spoken)
• Other languages are an advantage
• Strategic planning experience in top tier consulting firms (e.g., McKinsey, BCG, Bain or L.E.K.;
• >10 years’ experience in diverse IT management or strategic consulting positions
• Track record in leading development of effective IT strategies and program delivery in a large, complex Life Sciences company.
• Proven expertise in IT disciplines, practices and concepts including IT Strategy, IT Governance, System Development, Infrastructure & Support, Consulting, IT Vendor Management
• Proven track record in effectively engaging and aligning stakeholders across all organization levels
• Strong leadership, negotiation and persuasion skills and ability to navigate matrixed structures;
• Requirements: curious, self-starter, strong team player, hands-on, comfortable with ambiguity, flexible, strong analytical insight and process-oriented perspective;