Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 194295BR Position Title Head Environmental Projects Division NBS Business Unit REFS NBS Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Facilities and Administration Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description In accordance with Novartis’ overall 2015 HSE&BCM vision and strategic initiatives, the purpose of this role is to work with the Global Head of Environment as a partner to coordinate implementation of the global environmental policy, strategy, standards, targets and performance criteria for all Novartis sites, and provide technical oversight and coordination of related initiatives and special projects.
• Leads and is responsible for Global Environment Team activities related to external reporting related to environment mgt, sustainability and corporate responsibility
• Leads and is responsible for activities related to environmental due diligence for asset divestiture or acquisition.
• Leads and is responsible for activities related to all Novartis forestry projects.
• Leads and/or participates in internal committees, working groups, and project initiatives and represents Novartis
Implementation and Operations Governance
• Key contributor to the Group HSE&BCM policy, strategy, standards, targets and performance criteria
• Provides technical support and training in key areas as requested.
• Promotes and maintains the HSE&BC reputation of Novartis though internal and external communication
• Fosters HSE and BC/NEM networking within the Group, including sharing of lessons learned and best practices.
Expertise & Support:
• As a senior business leader, engages research and development operations, technical manufacturing operations and internal business functions with expert technical knowledge on environmental management and sustainability projects and initiatives, as requested, in conjunction with the HSE & BCM Business Partnering Heads and leverages subject matter experts and affiliated departments to develop efficient processes and information flow to and from the appropriate stakeholders.
• Advises and counsels HSE & BCM professionals and company leaders on environmental topics.
• Collaborates across functions to deliver the required results and customer service levels.
• Participates in relevant internal and external forums and stays abreast of the latest developments relevant to the state-of-the-art environmental management concepts and practices.
• Advises management in approaches to improve environmental performance, risk management/reduction programs and implement control techniques.
• Leads implementation of policies, strategies and Global Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, permits, statutes, local ordinances and other externally driven requirements.
Coordination and Knowledge Sharing
• Senior practitioner responsible for knowledge sharing on environmental management and processes, and ensures distribution of knowledge with global HSE & BCM Business Partners and sites.
• Special projects and/or initiatives are conducted within required specified parameters.
• Reports as required by external agencies, external reporting bodies, and by Novartis internal data collection processes, are prepared and submitted in a complete manner and within required timelines.
• Leads completion of collection of 2016 ECN-approved sustainability baseline indicators.
• Technical review is conducted on approaches to all 2020 Targets.
• Global Operating Procedures (GOP) are developed and maintained in line with the international management system standards.
• Expense budgets under control of the Global Head of Environment are delivered and not exceeded unless significant unplanned expenses are incurred (e.g. due to an incident or agency action) and authorized by the Global HSE & BCM Head.
• Customer and management satisfaction and cross-functional programs’ effectiveness and service delivery are achieved as measured through multi-rater feedback.
• Open audit-generated action items or agency-generated findings are closed within the agreed-upon timelines and in a manner that prevents recurrence Minimum requirements Minimal requirement is an advanced university degree in chemistry, biology, safety management, engineering or other related natural/technical field.
Min. relevant work experience of 15-20 years, ideally at multi-national organizations, with an in-depth specialized expertise in HSE & BCM with a significant portion being within the pharmaceutical, biomedical research, and healthcare industry.
Knowledge of and working proficiency in major areas of water and micro pollutants; energy and climate strategy; materials, waste, contaminated site mgt and remediation; and supply chain mgt.
Experience in identification and mgt of diverse stakeholders with superior interpersonal/influencing skills.
High level of personal credibility, customer relationship management, and networking.
Ability to communicate effectively across organizations.
Ability to balance resource demands from multiple internal customers. Experience in leading high impact processes and implementation of improvements across global/regional matrix organizations with cross-functional exposure.
Understanding of the organization and culture of Novartis
At a minimum, fluency (speaking and writing) in English required. Working knowledge of further languages desirable (e.g. German, French. Spanish, Mandarin).