Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Investigator/Lab Head Therapeutic Antibody Discovery (Phage Display)
Job ID194887BRPosition TitleInvestigator/Lab Head Therapeutic Antibody Discovery (Phage Display)DivisionNIBRBusiness UnitResearch CambridgeCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaResearch & DevelopmentJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionThe Biologics Center (NBC) at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is looking for a highly motivated scientific Investigator with expertise in Phage Display and antibody development to lead a laboratory and be responsible for identifying therapeutic antibody candidates and leading biologics projects together with disease area scientists. Collaborating with colleagues you will contribute to the generation and advancement of the NIBR biopharmaceuticals pipeline in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Internal job level: Investigator III
Your responsibilities will include
• Leading therapeutic antibody projects in close collaboration with the disease area scientist regarding overall strategy, deliverables and timeline and representing the projects to the decision boards.
• Managing a team of scientists providing therapeutic antibody candidates with major focus on phage display
• Expression, purification and characterization (e.g. affinity, epitope, functional activity) of selected antibodies
• Designing and implementing engineering strategies for improved functional activity and developability properties
• Developing novel approaches to facilitate antibody discoveryMinimum requirements• Ph.D. in a relevant life science discipline
• Either completed post-doctoral training or equivalent activity from biotech/pharma
• Business-level/fluent English. Additional German and French is useful
• Proven record of scientific accomplishment in therapeutic antibodies demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals and successful collaborations
• Strong experience in antibody discovery using phage display. Additional experience of e.g. yeast or mammalian display is preferred
• Excellent experience of molecular biology, recombinant protein expression and purification, biophysical characterization of proteins, and setting up functional in vitro cell assays
• At least 3 years of experience in scientific biotech/pharma line managing a team of at least 2 scientists
• Successful independent initiation and leadership of relevant scientific projects with strong project management skills: defining project strategies and priorities, managing several projects simultaneously and representing project updates to management boards.
• Used to successfully influencing different levels of stakeholders
• Well-developed interpersonal / communication / team skills in an international cross-cultural environment with an enthusiastic pro-active attitude