Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID189972BRPosition TitleOperations Manager - Medical Devices Development & CommercializationDivisionPHARMABusiness UnitGlobal Tech OpsCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaResearch & DevelopmentJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionThe role of the Operations Manager is to support the Global Head and Leadership Team in all areas of Device Development and Commercialization to ensure the planned operational & financial performance is being delivered over the weekly – monthly and yearly tactical buckets.
This includes: building a Development Project governance processes, reporting of KPIs globally, driving communication to our customers and across all sites; the overall coordination of the Device Development & Commercialization productivity & process improvement plan, as well as alignment of all Device projects globally; developing & ensuring a strong working relationship with all members of the DD&C Leadership Team and acts as deputy for the Global Head of Device Development & Commercialization as requested.
• Provide technical and managerial leadership to Device Development & Commercialization teams in order to guarantee a flawless execution of their respective development mission and transfer activities; i.e. ensure continuous implementation of directives and practises as specified per the Novartis Quality and Manufacturing Manual.
• Coach individual contributors & teams to solve operational problems and/or realize value creating opportunities.
• Establish processes for tracking and managing of the Device Development & Commercialization function KPIs and yearly objectives for Device Development & Commercialization organization and all its functions. Follow up with Line Managers and challenge when targets are not complete or not met.
• Identify internal best practices across different Device Development & Commercialization teams and assist in performing external benchmarks. Based on that, elaborate plans for productivity and operational improvements.
• Set up and facilitate the Governance System within the Device Development & Commercialization network at a global level; reconcile outcome of periodic review meeting ensuring important decisions are brought to the right board in the right time.
• Maintain oversight on hiring activities across all teams in close collaboration with HR.
• Manage reporting for the Device Development & Commercialization organization into the BTDM organization and other relevant boards.
• Drive & support communication within the Device Development & Commercialization team following a communication strategy and act as business interface with the BTDM communication team.
• Coordinate the preparation of major management meetings & Town halls within the Device Development & Commercialization team.
• Take the administrative lead for the Device Development & Commercialization Team meeting; i.e. effectively contribute to Global Device Development & Commercialization Team meetings, incl. agenda design, interacting with all members/contributors, driving program and content.
• Support the development of the Device Development & Commercialization organizational design & culture; i.e. contribute to keep the site teams highly energized to achieve stretched performance goals.
• Ensure strong collaboration with other manufacturing / supply entities at BTDM (DS, ESO, SCM) with focus on all matters driving performance and productivity towards a recognized leadership position.Minimum requirementsEducation: Graduate in sciences – pharmaceutical, biochemical, chemical or sciences with higher level degree (MBA, PhD)
Language: Fluent spoken & written English. Additional languages are a plus
- 5-10 years of Technical operations management and/or Development and business experience
- Track record of successfully managing Pharmaceutical and/or Bio-pharmaceutical operations & achieving results in line with strategic direction.
- Expertise in organization dynamics and culture, ability to gain trust and confidence at all levels in the organization, leadership and project management experience.
- Previous experience and strong mind set in continuous improvement and change management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Needs to be able to work independently and reliably without much direction and guidance. Energetic, can-do-attitude.
- Experience in international, complex and dynamic environments.