Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Cardiovascular Physician-Scientist/Snr Translational Medicine Expert
Job ID198475BRPosition TitleCardiovascular Physician-Scientist/Snr Translational Medicine ExpertDivisionNIBRBusiness UnitTranslational MedicineCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaResearch & DevelopmentTherapeutic/Disease AreaCardiovascular and MetabolismJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionAs a Senior Translational Medicine Expert for Cardiovascular Translational Medicine you will provide significant medical and scientific expertise to drive success of global clinical studies and implement strategies to achieve clinical Proof of Concept (PoC).
Novartis supports family international relocation to Switzerland.
Your major responsibilities
1. Translational Medicine (TM)
• In collaboration with TM Head or more experienced TM experts, develop high value decision and strategies for the TM component of drug development projects through the PoC phase
• Lead global project teams through PoC phase to drive the implementation of the PoC strategy; participate in project teams through the program life cycle to registration
• Responsible for clinical portions of the Integrated Development Plan through PoC
• Responsible for implementation of studies during the PoC phase by providing medical and scientific leadership and expertise to all line functions on the project team. This may include methodology studies to identify and validate novel endpoints for early decision making in PoC studies
• Participate in analysis of studies and present results to relevant decision boards
• Be the medical monitor for one or more global clinical studies
• Communicate clinical team matters to project teams and relevant Decision Boards
• Convene relevant (internal and external) leaders together to consider the proposed approach to PoC
• Evaluate clinical centers and foster communication with crucial collaborating investigators
• Oversee publication and external presentation of PoC clinical study results
2. Accountable for compound related Biomarker strategies; work closely with Biomarker Expert in implementation.
3. In collaboration with research scientists, identify, develop, and implement strategy for preclinical support of program-related objectives. This includes assessment of medical need, proposal of clinical development pathways, and review of preclinical data for clinical implications, and other relevant activities.
4. Participate in team presentations to health authorities as TM expert.
5. Prepare and implements Disease Area or project-specific training and educational programs for project team colleagues from TM and other line functions. Mentor TM colleagues on scientific, clinical, and drug development issues.
• Be able to work independently on studies and develop an independent approach to program strategy
• Impact within a Unit, a Disease Area, geography or other divisions
• Make connections and drive solutions for research programs
• Lead and deliver within the matrix
• Execute on strategic direction
• Operational responsibility for quality and compliance within the organization
• Internal TM expert for project teams
7. In post PoC, support clinical pharmacology assessment of compound properties and interface with late stage Development global project teams.Minimum requirements• MD degree plus PhD-level relevant scientific background. Additional relevant Board-Certified sub-speciality expertise strongly preferred
• Fluent English, oral and written
• Credible experience doing a similar role within an international pharmaceutical/biotech company, otherwise excellent relevant expertise from a CRO or academic medical centere
• Recognized for your medical expertise
• Significant contributions to your medical and scientific field of expertise with a recognized scientific publications record
• Used to creating new concepts and successfully achieving those with a range of internal and external colleagues
• Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills
• Independence: Used to working independently on study planning and execution
• Innovation: Seek out new clinical discovery opportunities and PoC approaches
• Demonstrated passion for science
• Strong competence for delivering succinct and clear information that supports your recommendations