Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID197555BRPosition TitleHead of Corporate Responsibility ReportingDivisionCORPORATEBusiness UnitCORPORATE RESPONSIBILITYCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis International AGFunctional AreaCommunications & Public AffairsJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionA global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The purpose of the role is to position Novartis as a recognized leader in Corporate Responsibility through high-quality reporting to major sustainability (ESG) research agencies and sustainability investment firms, and Novartis reports. Analyze results for BoD and ECN decision-making on key areas to take action on to improve and maintain Novartis performance.
The core responsibilities for this role include the following:
• Lead the nonfinancial reporting efforts to deliver timely, accurate and high-quality information.
• Lead the network of 50+ internal experts; senior stakeholders and business leaders in order to coordinate report content for:
o Key sustainability reports: Novartis CR Performance Report (based on GRI framework), corporate responsibility chapter in Novartis annual report and other Novartis reports
o Submissions to major indices, e.g. Access to Medicine Index, Dow Jones Sustainability Index, FTSE4Good and others
o Submissions to rating agencies, e.g. Vigeo, Sustainalytics, MSCI and others
• Drive enhanced performance of Novartis in key indices. Analyze Novartis scores in major ratings/rankings; present key findings and opportunities for improvement to the Chairman, Novartis Board of Directors Committee, CEO, ECN and CR Steering Committee. Recommend and consolidate actions for Novartis that contribute to strategic planning and priorities for the company.
• Report and prepare CR data and information to socially responsible investors (SRIs) and other financial analysts working with Investor Relations; act as the primary point of contact for regular inquiries from Investor Relations
• Deliver regular high quality presentations on CR reporting highlights and opportunities to senior management in forums such as the Corporate Responsibility Board and Access to Medicine Committee
• Oversee corporate transparency activities as defined by ECN commitments Monitor new trends in sustainability reporting and take action
• Build and sustain relationships with ESG analysts through proactive engagement
• Oversee use of online database/system that (a) facilitates data collection for rating agencies, and (b) acts as a data/information repository for all significant Novartis corporate responsibility initiatives (including results against annual targets)
• Work with CR team to enhance online and stakeholder communications to maximize Novartis performance in ratings/rankings
• Regularly update the reporting process to maximize return on internal time and resources
The core key performance indicators for this role include the following:
• Deliver on time, complete and high-quality submissions to sustainability analysts and other agencies
• Maintain and improve scores in key indices to position Novartis as a CR leader
• Influence methodology of major agencies through dialogue with analysts
• Maintain high-quality online database/information system as evaluated by rating agencies and by internal associates who access the system as a reference too
• Qualitative feedback from key internal stakeholders (e.g. Investor Relations, CR Steering Committee members, etc.)Minimum requirements• Advanced degree in Business, Public Health or Life Sciences;
• Minimum 15-20 years of varied business experience along the value chain (from R&D to Business) is a STRONG plus;
• In-depth expertise of the Healthcare/Pharma industry is a must;
• Fluency in English is a must, additional European languages skills is a plus
• Experienced leader who can analyze data, communicate and present clearly and make strategic recommendations
• An understanding of the changing pharmaceutical industry landscape, including health systems and new technologies.
• Commitment to excellence in all activities.
• Pragmatic and goal orientated. Willing to take ownership and do what it takes to deliver
• Strong cross-group collaborator and the ability to build relationships within an organization (N-1, N-2 etc…)
• Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as attention to detail