Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Senior FRA Manager Group Accounting Principles&Special Projects
Job ID192546BRPosition TitleSenior FRA Manager Group Accounting Principles&Special ProjectsDivisionCORPORATEBusiness UnitGlobal Corp. FinanceCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis International AGFunctional AreaAudit & FinanceJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionSenior FRA Manager, Group Accounting Principles and Special Projects, is responsible for the interpretation and implementation of IFRS accounting standards within the Novartis Group, in particular in the area of taxes.
The position supports Senior Management to produce high quality financial and management reports which comply with the evolving accounting and disclosure requirements for management and for external financial reporting.
The position has a functional leadership role in the area of technical accounting of the FRA Operations teams.
1. Functional lead of technical accounting in taxes and other areas of financial report-ing providing high quality and efficient support of the business.
2. In cooperation with Group Tax responsible to review tax matters, agreements and business and M&A transactions to ensure compliance with IFRS accounting and re-porting requirements.
3. Timely elaboration of tax rate forecasts for the purpose of TGT, Latest Forecasts 1/2, Strategic plan and the quarterly closings together with Group Tax and presentation of proposals to Senior Management
4. Assurance of SOX compliance of tax reporting and performing regular SOX controls
5. Special point of contact for specific Division/Organizational Unit to provide technical accounting support.
6. Follow up and commenting on changes in IFRS together with Head Accounting Principles and Special Projects and assessment of related implications for the Novartis Financial reporting.
7. Passion for improving planning and closing processes and for understanding and communicating new accounting requirements.Minimum requirementsCertified public accountant or chartered accountant with in depth knowledge of IFRS and at least 5 years professional experience.
Excellent English skills
Audit experience in major auditing company with several years experiences in a multinational financial reporting environment or senior technical specialist in major international company using IFRS or US GAAP.