Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID 194118BR Position Title Head HSE&BC Training Division NBS Business Unit REFS NBS Country Switzerland Work Location Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Facilities and Administration Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Description In alignment with the Novartis Operations and the Novartis Business Services – Real Estate & Facility Services (NBS-REFS) Strategy, the purpose of this role is to lead the development, implementation and maintenance of an effective and efficient globally-deployed HSE & BCM training strategy and program, and to lead a globally harmonized HSE & BCM Training community of practice.
• Leads the development and implementation of a globally aligned state-of-the-art HSE&BCM training strategy and program
• Harmonize the operational aspect of this function
• Ensures that the HSE&BCM Mgt System, specifically the training infrastructure at sites globally, is adequate in consideration of the scale, scope and risks of the respective sites
• Facilitates the definition of HSE&BCM KPIs related to competence and training, and data/information requirements for the function and deliver on the targets (scorecard) and financial performance
• Provides operational support and leadership in conjunction with the HSE&BCM Business Partners and the functional CoE Heads
• Leverages subject matter experts to develop overall framework and the plan to achieve the target end-state
Implementation and Operations
- Develops Novartis HSE&CM Competence and Training strategy and authors the Competence and Training Global Operating Procedure, and any associated Standard Operating Procedures for the HSE & BCM function
- Develops goals, targets and key performance indicators
- Participates on the Novartis Learning CoE’s UP4Growth stakeholder forum
- Ensures relevant training is provided
- Leads and coordinates the development and delivery of Global training programs
- Develops and maintains a Novartis HSE & BCM training matrix
- Ensures that effective and efficient Global Operating Procedures and supporting programs are implemented and are appropriate in consideration to the complexity, scale, population, regulatory environment, business criticality and location of Novartis sites
- Networks and aligns with the Novartis Learning CoE and the greater Novartis training and learning community on the Novartis global training and learning strategies and priorities
- Drives implementation of policies, strategies and Global Operating Procedures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, permits, statutes, local ordinances and other externally driven requirements, specifically focused on training compliance
- Ensures that the UP4Growth transition plans are effective and efficient
• Expertise & Support
- Supports HSE & BCM Business Partners and sites
- Advises and counsels HSE & BCM professionals and company leaders.
• Coordination and Knowledge Sharing
- Leads knowledge sharing HSE & BCM Training network and ensures distribution of knowledge with global HSE & BCM Business Partners and sites.
1. Externally driven compliance requirements, specifically focused on training compliance, are met, as assessed by the appropriate external agencies during inspections, report reviews, analytical data reviews, or as assessed by internal compliance audits.
2. The Competency and Training Global Operating Procedure is up to date and in line with industry standards (e.g. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 22301, ISO 31000, ISO 50001) and according to the state-of-the-art to ensure all externally driven compliance requirements are met, as assessed by the appropriate external agencies during inspections, report reviews, analytical data reviews, or as assessed by internal compliance audits.
3. Continual improvement of HSE & BCM performance at the Novartis sites worldwide as measured by Novartis’ HSE & BCM outcome-based indicators.
4. Expense budgets under control of the Global Business Process & Operations Head are delivered and not exceeded unless significant unplanned expenses are incurred (e.g. due to an incident or agency action) and authorized by the Global HSE & BCM Head.
5. Customer and management satisfaction with the HSE & BCM Management System and cross-functional programs’ effectiveness and service delivery as measured through multi-rater feedback. Training satisfaction and effectiveness is to be highly rated.
6. Open audit-generated action items or agency-generated findings are closed within the agreed-upon timelines and in a manner which prevents recurrence.
7. Reports as required by external agencies and by Novartis internal data collection processes, prepared and submitted in a complete manner and within agreed upon timelines. Minimum requirements Minimal requirement is a university degree in chemistry, biology, safety management, engineering or other related natural/technical field. Advanced degree is highly desirable. Additional study in ad
- Overall relevant work experience of about 10 years, ideally at multi-national organizations, with an in-depth specialized expertise in HSE & BCM training with a significant portion being within the pharmaceutical, biomedical research, and healthcare industry.
- Have in-depth understanding of the following areas:
- HSE & BCM Training and training aspects of the international mgt system standards for HSE & BCM (e.g., ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 31000, ISO 22301, ISO 50001)
- Learning Mgt Systems
- Adult learning
- Training module development using state-of-the-art tools, techniques and software
- Site-based HSE & BCM operations
- Country-specific HSE & BCM training compliance requirements
- Training records management
- Training effectiveness and analytics
- Experience in identification and management of diverse stakeholders with superior interpersonal/influencing skills. High level of personal credibility, customer relationship management, networking. Ability to commu
At a minimum, fluency (speaking and writing) in English required. Working knowledge of further languages desirable (e.g. German, French. Spanish, Mandarin).