Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID191267BRPosition TitleMaster Student BioinformaticsDivisionNIBRBusiness UnitResearch EuropeCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaInterns/Students on Novartis PayrollJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeInternshipJob DescriptionThe Autoimmune diseases (AID) disease area is seeking a motivated student for a six month internship starting as soon as possible.
AID are often characterized by heterogeneous clinical phenotypes and pathological mechanisms. Among other factors, recent emerging evidence has revealed that long non-coding RNAs could play a key role in immunological functions and autoimmunity. In this project the student will investigate the role of long non-coding RNAs in AID through RNASeq analysis and integrate those data into a larger multi-omics dataset.
The main goal is to implement a framework based on well Established machine learning algorithms to investigate clinically relevant patterns across different data types.
- Master project
- Firsthand experience in a highly interdisciplinary Translational Research group (clinical, research, and bioinformatics expertize)
- Analysis of complex biological datasets (RNASeq)
- Cutting edge data analysis approaches (machine learning)
- High performance computing environment availableMinimum requirementse.g. Matura, completed BSc/BA at university/FH English (oral and written) and your knowledge of the German language will be advantageous
- Computer science / bioinformatics background required, or
- Proven previous programming experience (in particular R, python, git, SQL) and linux environment (bash)
- Experience in application of machine learning algorithms is a plus
- Strong interest in exploring innovative approaches to analyze biological datasets
- Creative and out of the box thinking