Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Head HSE&BC Service & Processes
Job ID193714BRPosition TitleHead HSE&BC Service & ProcessesDivisionNBSBusiness UnitREFS NBSCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaFacilities and AdministrationJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionIn alignment with the Novartis Operations and the Novartis Business Services – Real Estate & Facility Services (NBS-REFS) Strategy, the purpose of this role is to maintain an effective system and global process owner for the management of material hazard related management and minimizing the material hazard related risks to accepted levels, as well as prevention of future material hazard related liabilities. This will include Study Management, Classification, Labeling, SDS generation, Transport Classification for all technology platforms globally and ownership of a related HSE & BCM IT system element.
• Participates in and actively contributes to the development of HSE&BCM Services strategies, objectives, goals and targets.
• Ensures that the provided services and tools are based on business needs, of appropriate quality and in compliance to internal and external requirements in the most economical way
• Collaborates across functions and global technologies to deliver the required results and customer service levels
• Leads or serves on cross-functional teams, committees, and task forces.
Implementation and Operations
• Provides the Novartis Operations with reliable product related hazard communication data/information in regard to management of the content and services of the KSO/HSENet databases to ensure compliance with relevant rules, laws and regulations worldwide.
• Provides globally compliant available, internal/external information on chemicals substances in the form of Handling Recommendation Sheet (HRS), Safety Data Sheet (SDS), and Transport Related Data Classification (e.g. GHS),
• Provides system ownership for one HSE & BCM Platform/process and provides continual improvement input back to the Global Services function.
• Supports the LT and sites with development, documentation and implementation of Hazard Related Management System elements and supporting programs/processes.
• Provides Project Management for cost effective and compliant study management
• Leads special projects related to material hazard management and systems as required People Management
• Coach and develop hazard material team members to ensure the successful implementation of re-engineered business processes and improve internal operations.
• Provides input on performance management of HSE & BCM team members as appropriate
• Indirect influence and coaching of site teams, peers, leadership teams, project teams, etc. is expected.
• Role models a style which is inclusive, proactive, respectful, change agile, innovative/creative and results driven with a strong customer service focus.
1. Ensures workflows will meet regulatory compliance obligations, as assessed by internal audit, or plans are in place to become fully implemented within agreed upon timelines.
2. Ensuring projects/processes are executed in a LEAN efficient & effective way
3. Lead the assigned project personnel to jointly achieve a high customer satisfaction.
4. HSE & BCM material hazard data workflow (SDS, Transport, Assessments) is accurate and is delivered in high quality on time to internal and external stakeholders.
5. Customer and management satisfaction with the provided services and tools effectiveness and service delivery as measured through multi-rater feedbackMinimum requirementsMinimum requirement of a college/university degree in risk management, business continuity, safety management, environmental mgt or engineering or related scientific field. Advanced degree is required
At a minimum, fluency in English is required. Ability to speak/read other languages is desirable.
A minimum of 15 years of professional experience related to HSE&BCM in the field of chemical regulations, dangerous goods transport, Risk Management & GHS.
For those with supervisory responsibilities, suggested minimum of 7 years of experience in a leadership/supervisory role.
Demonstrated ability to influence without authority and lead in a highly matrixed environment.
Considered a technical expert in several functional areas within HSE&BCM and has advanced knowledge and competence in HSE&BCM and other business acumen.