Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Executive Compensation Manager
Job ID192394BRPosition TitleExecutive Compensation ManagerDivisionCORPORATEBusiness UnitGROUP HUMAN RESOURCESCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis International AGFunctional AreaHuman ResourcesJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionManage effective systems, tools and processes designed to compile, analyse, and deliver all relevant information for the disclosure of Executive compensation and the description of compensation systems in corporate reports. Contribute to the completion of duties or processes such as but not limited to the annual report, say-on-pay, Annual General Meeting (AGM), corporate audits, shareholder approval requirements, etc. under corporate governance regulations and company law. Key account/lead for division(s) about Novartis Top Leadership (NTL) matters from role evaluation, benchmarking, as well as from recruitment (partnering with ((Talent Acquisition and Staffing))TAS and line) to departure.
• Support process preparation, optimization and management of NTL review, CEO grant nominations, Management of Incentive Pools. Activities include systems management, creation of timetables, process communication and ensuring processes are executed timely and implementation is done according to governance
• Provide counsel and strategic recommendations, organize and lead preparation, approvals and implementation of NTL offers. Activities include direct close interactions with/guidance from global Compensation & Benefits business partners, HRELT members and line managers to clarify request, advise, partner to define the best compensation solution, process to approvals (Incl. CEO and division heads supports), manage top senior stakeholder’s information and expectations and follow up through implementation in HR Core and legal documentations.
• Manage the compilation of information, data, evidence of the compensation and benefits of members and shareholdings of the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Plan, prepare, format and deliver the data to be included and set out in the compensation report, the note to the financial statements, the SEC Form-20F filing, and other corporate reports.
• Contribute to the writing and completion of the compensation report in the annual report and related documents (AGM presentations, say-on-pay, investor presentations, proxy advisor documentation, etc.)
• Coordinate with legal, tax, finance, corporate reporting, investor relations, corporate communication on executive compensation and benefit matters and corporate governance and reporting.
• Analyse compensation systems, programs, processes, data (e.g. executive benchmarking, incentive pay-out modelling, etc.). Set out results and recommendations tailored to various audiences.
• Provide a variety of special reports related to the groups of executives and directors such as retention values, compensation projections, tax or cash-flow analysis, etc.
• Develop communication material for executives and directors helping them to understand the compensation and benefits delivered (e.g. salary letters, brochures, total compensation statements, individual reports, etc.).
• Provide material and results for the compensation committee meetings, and contribute to the preparation and completion of relevant reports and documents.Minimum requirements• University degree
• MBA or postgraduate HR qualification desirable
• English, German
• Other languages desirable
• 5-7 years relevant HR/Compensation and Benefits experience, preferably in complex, international corporations
• Advanced understanding of executive compensation and benefits practices along with knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations of corporate governance
• Proven analytical and decision-making skills
• Ability to work in a large and complex organization
• Ability to manage and cope with senior stakeholders and conflicting priorities