Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Director of Global Media Relations
Job ID197557BRPosition TitleDirector of Global Media RelationsDivisionCORPORATEBusiness UnitCorporate CommunicationsCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis International AGFunctional AreaCommunications & Public AffairsJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionA global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The purpose of the role is to pro-actively shape and protect the image and reputation of the company whilst developing and fostering relationships and interactions with key media to ensure key message penetration on behalf of the corporation. The Director of Global Media Relations will strategically work across teams to maximize reputational value of initiatives as well as management of crises and issues that may affect the image of company.
The core responsibilities for this role include the following:
1. Reputation Management/Global Media Relations
– Collaborate Division and Functional communications to develop and implement strategic stakeholder relations plans that drive favorable reputation of Novartis among key stakeholders; with particular focus on media. Activities include:
• Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts
• Act as spokesperson on all inquiries from media that matter and manage key stakeholder relationships
• Support development and execution of Global corporate media strategy
o Support Development and execution of corporate media events and execution of quarterly releases in close coordination with IR
o Help drive implementation of new media relations tools and strategies aligned with overall strategy
• Provide media strategy guidance to divisions, countries and functions in line with corporate strategy and business priorities
• Proactive story-mining and development to highlight the company’s reputation in line with brand identity and positioning
• Collaborate with Investor Relations on content for relevant presentations.
• Generate, coordinate, edit and distribute news releases and supporting documents, including standby statements, management briefings, backgrounders and Q&A.
2. Drive corporate messaging across divisions and countries, leveraging local events and channels
3. Support development of media relations measurement Business partnering
– Partner with business to drive positive media coverage around key milestones
• Partner with business/division communications and agencies on communications strategy and materials development and execution
• Newsflow planning in coordination with corporate functions, divisions and countries Issues Management and Crises preparedness
– Partner with Senior Management, Legal, and others as needed to anticipate and prepare for negative trends or events that could harm Novartis’ reputation including litigation; ensure Novartis POV is communicated clearly and included consistently. Develop strategic response, mitigation and recovery plans and provide media training to executives as needed.Minimum requirements• University degree in communications, business or science
• Minimum 8 to 10 years professional experience in a media relations or communications role in a major corporation, trade association or public relations agency.
• Fluency in English, with strong verbal and writing skills.
• German language proficiency highly desirable. Other language skills appreciated.
• Credible manager with experience managing people and projects; political savvy and competence; good cultural awareness and sensitivity; a developed sense of customer service and process orientation; attention to detail; good team skills; ability to manage and achieve results through influence.
• Experience in a Country Pharma Organization is highly welcomed.