Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Strategic Partner to Head of Global Public and Governmental Affairs
Job ID184936BRPosition TitleStrategic Partner to Head of Global Public and Governmental AffairsDivisionNBSBusiness UnitPUBLIC AFFAIRS NBSCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis International AGFunctional AreaCommunications & Public AffairsJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionA global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The Strategic Assistant to Head GPGA (Global Public and Governmental Affairs) will provide strategic partnership and support to the Head of GPGA to achieve business objectives. He/She will lead teams on Special Projects, such as integration and change management and ensure all aspects of the daily operations of the GPGA Function run effectively and efficiently, identify and resolve upcoming issues, improve processes and channel information.
The core responsibilities for this role include the following:
Secretary to the GPGA Leadership Team
• Manage meeting agenda and develop content for the GPGA Leadership Team (LT)
• Prepare minutes and ensure follow up
• Plan and organize leadership / executive offsite meetings
• Update broader organizations on major decisions and ensure progress (ie Town Hall meetings) Lead on all GPGA reporting and information management
• Lead preparation for GPGA updates with CEO
• Develop content for and ensure timely delivery of reports, requests and presentations to senior management (ie. ECN, Board of Directors; GPGA report) and external stakehold-ers (ie. conferences)
• Design/oversee information infrastructure (ie sharepoint, intranet)
• Edit and issue GPGA communications (ie announcements)
Lead NVS strategic partnership with World Economic Forum
• Develop bilateral strategy and organize political outreach to Ministers for Davos
• Hire and lead team of four to organize delegate Agenda for Davos (delegation: Chairman, CEO, two ECN members, Head GPGA)
• Deploy NVS management to WEF projects and event as required
• Act as day-to-day contact to WEF
Assume Chief of Staff for GPGA:
• Contribute to and act as Project lead on teams for strategic initiatives as required
• Maintain CEO diary of political engagements and secure high quality briefing documents (ie Ministerial 1:1, Dolder group of CEOs)
• Oversee budget monitoring, arrange cross-charge agreements and plan for LF2, budget setting and year
• Acts as point of contact for internal and external stakeholders to Head GPGA
• Handles daily tasks for Head GPGA upon request (e.g. OTR, briefings, correspondence)Minimum requirements• University degree in relevant area
• Strategic planning experience in a top tier consulting firm (e.g., McKinsey, BCG, Bain or L.E.K) is a must
• 7+ years of broad experience in pharmaceutical companies or consultancy across various roles (practical experience in areas of strategy, planning, project management, business development, marketing and/or finance and general management)
• Experience in matrix organization.
• Exceptional writing and communications skills.
• Exceptional project management skills in leading, planning developing and integrating programs.
• Highly collaborative team player. Self-starting and proactive. Exhibits sound judgment. Positive interpersonal skills.
• Impeccable English, any additional European language is a plus