Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Global Head of Patient Relations, Cardio Metabolic Franchise
Job ID194545BRPosition TitleGlobal Head of Patient Relations, Cardio Metabolic FranchiseDivisionPHARMABusiness UnitGlobal CommunicationCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaCommunications & Public AffairsJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionA global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
Global Head of Patient Relations, Cardio Metabolic Franchise will support business results with innovative strategies and tactics for patient engagement on Cardio-Metabolic diseases with a strong focus on capturing the patient perspective, enhancing the patient community and activating patient involvement to improve better care and patient outcomes. Lead strategies for working with patient organizations at a global and regional level and work closely with CPOs (Country Pharma Organizations). Close integration with communications and social media as well as CPO communicators in the countries is essential. Close and proactive collaboration with legal/compliance, commercial, medical, public affairs and Group Communications. Significant interaction with senior management including Worldwide Franchise Heads, CCO, Head of Development and potentially Pharma CEO.
The core responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Development of strategy and implementation of global franchise patient relations plan leading an integrated approach with Communications, Digital and Social Media, and Internal Communications with clear responsibility for patient relations.
- Providing counsel to franchise heads and senior management to maximize the patient community role in order to support the achievement of patient and business goals.
- Development of patient strategy to build advocacy & strategic partnerships to maximize the potential of therapies throughout the life-cycle.
- Lead the development of a global patient inclusion strategy, aligning internal and external stakeholders and assessing potential patient opinion leaders and/or patient organizations for long-term partnerships.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams on alignment and collaboration, seeking for synergies to effectively execute the patient relations strategy and support pre and post launch activities.
- Partner with franchise, Corp Coms and Public Affairs on positioning the relevance of chronic and acute heart failure leveraging our commitment of bringing innovation to patients worldwide.
- Work closely with and coordinate activities with CPOs communicators and the patient relations network to deliver tactics, tools and programs for local use.
- Act as a catalyst to innovate new ideas and programs to engage patients in key markets maximizing the digital and social media platforms.
- Act as the voice of patients within the company, to highlight patients’ needs and opinions to the management team and customer facing functionsMinimum requirements- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Communication, Public Relations, Media or any relevant discipline. Master's or MBA level preferred.
- Fluency in English, 2nd language is an asset (i.e. French, German, Spanish)
- Minimum of 10-15 years diversified communications, including product communications, social media strategy and implementation, issue management, patient relations, corporate communications, IR, media relations, stakeholder relations, policy,
- Strong business partnering / stakeholders management skills
- High capacity to deal with and manage ambiguity
- Strong project management capacity to help driving results in a matrix organization
- Courage to challenge
- Innovative and curious approach