Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID196056BRPosition TitleWorldWide Brand Medical Director-GilenyaDivisionPHARMABusiness UnitGPS&CCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaResearch & DevelopmentJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionDrive product medical affairs strategy and action plan along the clinical development program, pre-launch stage and the whole life-cycle. As member of the Brand teams, align with the Global Product Strategy & Commercialization priorities and the related Development organization.
Develops a comprehensive global scientific/medical affairs strategy for specific compound/ brand along the lifecycle – starting at DDP – that clinically differentiates the brand for target patient segments and supports successful global and regional/CPO execution in order to maximize the life-time value of each compound.The GBMD acts as medical representative on the Global Brand Team and Global Product Team and/or Global Clinical Team (Sub-Team of Global Project Team), and Value Demonstration and Commercialization Team (VDCT). The GBMD targets its activities at the needs and requirements of its major customers and key stakeholders, i.e. KOLs and the medical / scientific community, patients and Health Authorities. The GBMD ensures that HE and Health and Patient Outcome perspectives are integrated into the product development strategy (in order to ensure the access to patient needs are captured and incorporated early enough in the clinical programs) and the medical affairs strategy, e.g. by helping to define appropriate end points for clinical development registration intent studies, designing the most relevant BOS studies, contribute to the most impactful patient and disease segmentation.
The GBMD has four major areas of impact:
1. Generate clinical evidence within BOS programs, including but not only phase IV clinical trials, to help differentiate the brand, reflecting the medical unmet needs and the competitive and current and future reimbursement environment.
2. Create a highly influential medical and scientifically based platform: build global and local KOL relationships, medical impact publication plans, conference participation, medical education and communication initiatives, and patient programs.
3. Integrate and align across teams and organizational units to ensure effective medical support of global product strategy.
4. Provide proactive input to Development on potential new therapeutical indications, to enrich Registration Intent Programs and to consider new therapeutic opportunities.Minimum requirementsMedical degree English: fluent spoken & written
• Clinical experience and medical affairs experience in the TA (level of required expertise and experience may differ with specialty character of disease area)
• Understanding of how to bridge between the development and commercials areas, possibly from prior clinical trial and/or medical affairs experience within pharmaceutical industry
• Prior experience in matrix team management
• Prior experience at Regional level (or large CPO) in Medical Affairs and/or Medical Marketing
• Experience of working in an entrepreneurial, innovative environment e.g. Biotech > 8 years experience within the pharmaceutical industry