Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID190714BRPosition TitleW&D Lean Program Manager (Location TBC)DivisionPharmaBusiness UnitGlobal Technical OperationsCountrySwitzerlandCompany/Legal EntitySwitzerland Novartis Pharma AG, BaselFunctional AreaTechnical OperationsJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob Description***LOCATION: There are five positions that will be located outside of Switzerland in the 5 main geographic regions served by Novartis. Extensive travel up to 40% may be required within each region***
The W&D Lean Program Manager plans and leads Global warehousing and distribution initiatives for the Secondary Distribution and manufacturing sites with a strong focus on lean and continuous improvements in collaboration with internal supply chain local organizations and external party logistics. This role leads proactively W&D LEAN projects, demand management control, warehousing continuous improvement efficiencies and domestic distribution footprint, as well as managing supplier performance and innovation activities. In total, Novartis TechOps footprint includes more than 150 secondary distribution centers and 60 manufacturing sites.
The main purpose of the role is to lead and drive continuous improvement projects and to lead W&D operational processes to achieve best in class and highly competitive logistics operations. To ensure on-time delivery of our full product portfolio and comply with all respective international trade laws plus GxP regulations for the compliant transport of pharmaceutical products.
This is achieved by:
• Leading Warehousing LEAN assessments (secondary DCs and manufacturing sites)
• Implementing GDP guidelines for warehousing and domestic distribution
• Developing productivity programs under a gain shared model through the years with 3PLs
• Managing stakeholders expectations with significant interaction with senior management from local SCM Heads to external suppliers
• Implementing demand Control W&D activities for affiliates
• Training local SCM teams on lean and continuous improvement projects
• Challenging current distribution footprint in the countries including incremental competitiveness
• Data ownership Balance Scorecard for secondary DCs and W&D manufacturing sites: KPIs implementation
• Ensure QA & HSE plans are in place for each market
• Coordinate TRA and follow though actions implementations
• Training on Invoice control for secondary distributionMinimum requirementsEDUCATION
- University degree in Business Administration, SCM or Process / Industrial Engineering
- Lean / Six Sigma Certification
- English - fluent written & spoke, plus local language
- Minimum 5 years in logistics, materials management, planning or supply chain management within an international organization
- Experience with Toyota System, Kanban, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping and similar continuous improvement program is preferred.