Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Director Merger and Acquisition - Pharma
Job ID195221BRPosition TitleDirector Merger and Acquisition - PharmaDivisionPHARMABusiness UnitGlobal Finance&AdminCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaAudit & FinanceJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionA global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The purpose of the role is to fully own the Identification, analysis and presentation of M&A opportunities that can help the Pharma Divison achieve/exceed its strategic objectives.
The core responsibilities for this role include the following:
1. Provides independent, first class support towards the identification of potential M&A opportunities that are aimed at helping the Pharma division achieve its strategic objectives; takes full responsibility for understanding of Pharma strategy in order to make appropriate connections and recommendations
2. Takes proactive role in analysis of all potential M&A opportunities. Understands & analyzes impact of key value drivers of deal and their associated risks. Ability to place proposed deal within context of Pharma strategy and articulate key deal drivers and potential synergies for Novartis Pharma
3. Outstanding business analysis skills; able to analyse and identify key scientific, commercial and financial topics
4. Works closely in alignment with Head M&A Pharma; Business leads, Pharma BD&L; Group M&A and all other key stakeholders as required to ensure all M&A opportunities are validated prior to deal presentation to senior management
5. Strong communicator: has the ability to prepare a coherent, succinct presentation and participate in presentations to senior management; has the ability to represent an M&A transaction at top management levels within NovartisMinimum requirements• Medical; Scientific or Financial University level qualification plus MBA highly desirable
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Pharma environment in either M&A/BD&L; Commercial; Scientific; Strategic or Financial area. Ideally, previous deal evaluation and execution experience Ability to place M&A opportunities within context of Novartis Pharma business
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written
• Ability to work with senior management within Novartis Team leadership and strong project management skills
• Detailed knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
• Demonstrate initiative, creativity, and ability to work under pressure, often to tight deadlines