Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Global Manager Master Data
Job ID193956BRPosition TitleGlobal Manager Master DataDivisionNBSBusiness UnitFRA OPERATIONS NBSCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaAudit & FinanceJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionThe focus of the Global Master Data Manager is ensuring cross divisional Master Data standardization for Finance. Focus is on supporting the implementation of GASS (Global Account Standardized Structures) and GASS like for Sandoz, standardized mapping for FCRS reporting, data approval standardization and master data maintenance as required. This role is critical for cross divisional master data since master data is defined and implemented based on global master data definitions. In addition, some objects are no longer maintained at a local site level, but can only be changed by enterprise assets or data maintenance that requires Global Master Data Team review and approval such as new accounts if the site is using GASS. This role will also work with other functions and lead cross divisional projects when master data for a finance related activity focus is required. This includes acting as liaison with IT for master data projects, HR/ Finance Master Data alignment and reporting for finance at Group, Divisional, Regional and Country level.
Master Data Governance:-
-Assist in developing a Global Master Data strategy that provides governance across the Finance Function based on alliance cross divisionally.
- Provide governance structure for new FCRS forms as per Novartis guidelines and advise divisional IT and FRA representatives.
- Identify and define key master data objects to be included in Global Master Data strategy
Master Data Standardization: -
-Lead Master Data Standardization implementations of GASS and GASS-like (Global Account Standardization Structures) and FCRS mapping at Group, Divisional, Regional and country levels.
- Lead master data projects cross functionally improving master data links between systems and functions. HR/ Finance is critical because more systems are linked to HR Core and NBS Finance is using HR Core reports for managing headcount.
- Support new ERP pillar roll-outs ensuring compliance with GASS, and standard FCRS mapping and Sandoz Shape roll-outs compliance with GASS-like process.
- Provide operational support for GASS, GASS-like, and FCRS mapping to GASS for live sites and ensuring standard process compliance and effective change management. Approval of new accounts becomes a global process after implementation and is no longer done at the local sites.
- Maintain Global Financial Master Data as required in SAP and Master Data Share Point ensuring compliance with Novartis standards and timely execution.
- Provide guidance for efficiency improvements to existing Master Data processes and reporting ensuring compliance with Novartis Financial controls.
Master Data - Finance Link to other Function:-
- Act as master data process link and SAP point of expertise in FRA projects that arise such as intercompany processing, etc.
- Act as the liaison to all other functions and divisions within the Group, collecting and evaluating their requirements against the capabilities of the master data processes and systems and continue to enhance master data to meet the changing needs of the businesses
- Partner with Corporate Financial Controls team to embed NFCM controls into new master data processes and systems in an automated, compliant manner.
Location can be flexible with either Switzerland or US considered.Minimum requirementsMinimum Requirements: -
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/IT MBA CPA or Chartered Accountant desirable
• English (written & spoken fluently)
• Any other languages are advantage
• Solid Finance (FRA) background with comprehensive knowledge of IFRS and GAAP.
• 8-10 years should have been spent in finance, auditing, IT and management positions
• International or global facing experience
• Strong Project Management skills
• Deep knowledge in SAP and other Finance & Procurement systems – super user level of knowledge of Master Data processes
• Significant Experience with S0X, related IT controls and audit requirements
• Strong leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills applied in complex environment (matrix/divisions)