Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Head Global IP Litigation
Job ID195838BRPosition TitleHead Global IP LitigationDivisionCORPORATEBusiness UnitGROUP LEGALCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis International AGFunctional AreaLegal & Intellectual Property & ComplianceJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionA global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The Head Global IP Litigation will lead the Group IP litigation team, handle and oversee significant IP disputes, improve management of existing and new IP disputes to sustain excellence, to reduce risks, to apply consistency throughout the divisions as well as to achieve optimal results, and supports the Global Head IP and the Group General Counsel in providing guidance to Group Management/Division Management and local Group Companies on compliance with relevant applicable laws.
The core responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Oversees, coordinates and drives the strategy for significant complex IP disputes (including litigations, arbitrations and investigations) throughout the Novartis Group, supports the Divisions/Units in their IP disputes and analyses, develops and delivers IP litigation and dispute resolution strategies in significant cases in line with business requirements to reduce risks, negotiates settlements in such IP disputes.
- Further develops the IP and regulatory litigation governance framework, establishes appropriate tools and processes and leads high-visibility, complex global IP and regulatory (EMA/FDA) litigation projects.
- Advises the General Counsel and Global Head IP as well as senior business leaders on IP disputes, risk exposure, including strategies for minimizing adverse consequences from such disputes.
- Oversees the group-wide IP litigation reporting and disclosure, and ensures quality and consistency of reporting.
- Enhances exchange of information and know-how cross-divisionally and provides training with the goal that in-house lawyers in different legal and cultural systems take a consistent and proactive part in effectively dealing with IP disputes.
- Tracks and reports on legislative developments and trends in the IP area, and uses that insight to shape/influence policy and governance objectives, and to assist management to understand IP and regulatory litigation developments Leads the Group IP Litigation team of Novartis International AG in Basel, ensuring that services of the Group IP Litigation team are timely, targeted and of high quality.
- Retains and develops key talents within IP, particularly in IP litigation.
- Member of IP Leadership TeamMinimum requirements- Law school graduate (Common or Civil Law), Common Law preferred and US IP Litigation experience required, patent attorney qualification Languages:
- Fluency in English required, Good knowledge of other main European language is an asset;
- 15 + years (at least 5 years leading associates).
- External litigation experience required.
- Common and civil jurisdiction litigation experience required.
- Sound knowledge of related following disciplines: Regulatory, Antitrust
- Good basic understanding of related disciplines such as: M&A, BD&L, Tax
- Ability to analyze complex legal issues
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; together with a high ability to influence and negotiate
- Proven ability to deal positively when working within tight time pressures & demanding clients
- Sound experience in handling a high volume of activity involving multiple, often complex projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate professional & culturally sensitive work ethic