Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID191610BRPosition TitleBusiness AnalystDivisionNBSBusiness UnitIT NBSCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaInformation TechnologyJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionThe Business Analyst translates business needs into technical requirements within the Drug Safety and Epidemiology business domain.
The Business Analyst supports the design, development and deployment of IT systems and related processes through analysis of strategy and objectives of the organisation, external influences such as competitors, regulatory requirements, best in class practices, and economic factors, as well as thorough understanding of the business processes being supported by the IT Organisation.
• Support the definition of the business cases
• Keep current with external regulatory environment (competitors, external Health Authorities, technology vendors)
• Analyze, design, and improve/replace business processes
• Identify and document business user requirements
• Contribute to the creation of functional and design specifications and consult on conceptual design reviews
• Conduct requirements workshops and business process analysis workshops describing current and future state scenarios
• Critically review and recommend changes to processes
• Collaborate with technology architects to identify potential packages and vendors to review with team
• Define selection criteria, lead authoring of request for proposals, review prototypes
• Assist in User Acceptance Testing and assure full coverage testing
• Ensure implemented solutions are according to specifications and fit for purposeMinimum requirementsEducation:
A university degree equivalent to MS level in Computer or Life Sciences;
Fluency in English (oral and written)
German and/or French would be a plus
Expertise in drug safety business processes and regulations and general business process knowledge in drug development. A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in these areas is required.
Understanding of GxP environments and health authority requirements for system validation.
Expertise in industry Business Analysis techniques
Self-starter with results oriented track record including demonstrated experience in gathering user requirements and implementing IT solutions
Excellent negotiation skills; Strong interpersonal and communication skills, team player, ability to influence and exercise business judgment
Strong Business Analysis skills: business process reengineering, user requirements gathering techniques, developing Use Cases, workshop facilitation techniques
Knowledge of Argus Safety, Affiliate, J is desired