Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Master Student ATI
Job ID192606BRPosition TitleMaster Student ATIDivisionNIBRBusiness UnitResearch EuropeCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaInterns/Students on Novartis PayrollJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeInternshipJob DescriptionThe Autoimmunity, Transplantation and Inflammation (ATI) disease area is seeking a motivated student for a six month internship starting as soon as possible.
Autoimmune diseases are often characterized by heterogeneous clinical phenotypes and pathological mechanisms. The goal of this project is to develop multi-omics experimental approaches for identification of key biological pathway drivers involved in complex disease pathophenotypes. In the course of this project the student will have the opportunity to perform immunoprofiling and immunological assays after activation with ligands of different nucleic acid sensing pathways in primary human cells and cell lines.
They will also have the opportunity to analyse patient-derived materials and learn about analysis of complex data sets with the help of bioinformatics experts. This multiparametric strategy will assist in the identification of biomarkers, validation of targets and specific pathways linked to pathology of complex autoimmune diseases.
- First hand, practical experience in an interdisciplinary Translational Research group (clinical, research, and bioinformatics expertize)
- Availability of state of the art multi-omics technologies (i.e. genomics, proteomics, metabolomics)
- Opportunity to learn novel techniques and interact with experts in novel technologies
- Analysis of complex biological datasets
- An excellent, well-resourced work environmentMinimum requirementse.g. MSc/Ma from university/FH English (oral and written) and your knowledge of the German language will be advantageous
- Student engaged in a Masters degree or diploma
- Interested in a 6 months research project
- Expertise in cellular biology, biochemistry/molecular biology and immunological techniques
- Strong interest in exploring innovative approaches to analyze biological datasets
- Excellent communication skills and record keeping