Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
2x Executive Protection Professional
Job ID197687BRPosition Title2x Executive Protection ProfessionalDivisionNBSBusiness UnitLEGAL NBSCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaLegal & Intellectual Property & ComplianceJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionA global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The Executive Protection (EP) Professional has the principle role of providing safe and secure personal protection for assigned Novartis Executive Committee (ECN) members - including security advice at their residence and for their family - in addition to providing meeting security for ECN and Board meetings as assigned, world-wide. Implicit to the role is the need for advance operational planning, rehearsing incident responses, risk-assessments for ECN and Board movements, and implementing proportionate threat-control measures. The EP Professional additionally conducts Global Security investigations into high risk allegations of internal fraud and misconduct, cases of suspected counterfeiting of Novartis products and other security incidents and criminal activities
The core responsibilities for this role include the following:
• Deliver the operational and tactical elements of Novartis EP strategy and implement the associated SOPs and working practices.
• Responsible for the daily security and safety of the CEO, Chairman and ECN, including the planning and delivery of seamless journey-management and personal protection - by land and air transportation - in accordance with the Novartis Executive Protection and Land transportation principles.
• Responsible for the security of the Board of Directors (BoD) and other assigned VIPs, including international business leaders and public officials attending Novartis meetings.
• Conduct advance security risk assessments of routes, airports, hotels and other designated venues and arrange proportionate, intelligence/threat-led security control measures with site risk owners.
• Carry out wider intelligence-led risk assessments of all ECN travel in close coordination with the Global Security Intelligence department, and implement proportionate risk-reduction strategies and practical security risk control measures.
• Conduct residential security advice for the ECN and provide security recommendations.
• Prepare, test and adjust crisis management plans (including Kidnap & Extortion, close quarter attacks scenarios, medical/casualty evacuation, etc) and rehearse incident re-sponses across a range of scenarios; close coordination with the Novartis Emergency Management procedures and emergency services.
• Ensure the effective protection highly confidential information (electronic and hard copy) to prevent loss/leaks/compromise.
• Lead stakeholder management internally (e.g. Flight Operations, REFS Security, etc) and with international competent authorities, law enforcement and security contractors.
• Conduct impartial, fact-based investigations into: “high-risk” allegations of internal misconduct, including policy violations and/or criminal wrongdoing (assigned by the Business Practices Office; pharmaceutical crime including product counterfeiting, falsification and theft of Novartis products and other internal and external security threats which involve or could impact upon Novartis (e.g. extortion, blackmail, bribery, etc).
• Represent the department as an essential, dependable and authentic business partner.Minimum requirements• Law enforcement, military, government or certified civilian security.
• Advanced training in close-protection; security driving, anti/counter surveillance; first-responder medical
• Fluency in English is a must, German is desirable
• Minimum of 5 years experience in full-time Executive Protection/close protection for top-level leaders/officials, in both complex and benign environments; 2 years of which should be in a corporate environment demonstrating knowledge of unarmed executive security (EP) fundamentals, concepts, and techniques.
• Demonstrated experience in all competencies shown in the ‘education’ field, plus: educational :
- Threat analysis and the development of Threat & Vulnerability Assessments (TVAs).
- Reconnaissance reports
- Developing crisis management plans
- Event/meeting security
- Residential security protocols
- Combined operations with competent authorities