Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Job ID193613BRPosition TitleLegal CounselDivisionPHARMABusiness UnitGlobal LegalCountrySwitzerlandWork LocationBaselCompany/Legal EntityNovartis Pharma AGFunctional AreaLegal & Intellectual Property & ComplianceJob TypeFull TimeEmployment TypeRegularJob DescriptionA global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field. We're committed to peak performance, improving the quality of life, and embracing and leveraging diverse backgrounds, cultures and talents to achieve competitive advantage.
The main purpose of the role is to adopt an active approach in supporting senior lawyers in negotiating complex contracts and negotiating basic contracts independently. Substantiating recommendations, allowing the Company to appreciate its contractual and statutory obligations, supporting senior lawyers in managing disputes and litigation. Assisting in management decision processes with robust risk assessments.
The core responsibilities for this role include the following:
• Support senior lawyers with complex negotiations.
• Independently negotiate basic agreements, such as Secrecy Agreements, Services Agreements, Consultancy Agreements and others, as directed by senior lawyers.
• Review of promotional materials and congresses; speaker engagements and providing general advice to brand teams ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and internal policies and review of non-promotional material and provide advice to the medical teams to ensure that activities are in compliance with applicable laws and internal policies.
• Under the supervision of senior lawyers, manage global legal issues, relating to key product(s) in the Franchises.
• Act as a business partner regarding contractual negotiations & statutory obligation activities; in particular relating to the ownership, control and protection of inventions and confidential business information, including reviewing legal and business issues regarding the Company’s research, development and commercialization collaborations, and licensing activities relating to specific product(s) and therapeutic area(s).
• Under the supervision of senior lawyers, assist the company’s Alliance Management Team in resolving business issues in significant on-going third party relationships.
• Under the supervision of senior lawyers, support legal positioning on public announcements and promotional material relating to specific products or alliances.
• Advise and with support from senior lawyers determine appropriate actions regarding compliance issues, including anti-trust and regulatory.Minimum requirements• Law school graduate & Bar member or eligibility
• Fluency in English essential; Knowledge of at least one other European language preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years post Bar experience preferred; ideally gained with an healthcare / pharmaceutical environment, or alternatively, with a top-tier law firm representing healthcare & technology clients
• Ability to analyze complex legal issues
• Strong verbal & written communication skills; together with a high ability to influence and negotiate
• Proven ability to deal positively when working within tight pressures & demanding clients
• Strong experience in handling a high volume of activity involving multiple, often complex projects simultaneously • Demonstrate professional & culturally sensitive work ethic.