Senior Laboratory Technician
Are you up for the challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build an exceptional career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for a:
Senior Laboratory Technician
We don’t just want any laboratory technician, here is our checklist:
- CFC of laboratory technician in chemistry area or equivalent
- Substantial experience in laboratory accredited environment (ISO 17025), in the area of analytical chemistry related to chromatography and mass spectrometry techniques
- At ease with quality systems and database management (LIMS)
- Understanding of GLP principles is an asset
- Able to display analytical, problem solving and learning capability
- Fluent in English, French being an asset
Collaborative, team player in a multidisciplinary environment and customer oriented, with high integrity
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing our
Aerosol ChemistryTeam, within the Research & Development department, in Philip Morris Products S.A., based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
Senior Laboratory Technicianyou will perform laboratory tests and provide high quality analytical data from aerosol matrices to support the development of Reduced Risk Products (RRPs)*. This also includes improvement of current methods and/or validation of new analytical methods.
- Perform quantification of constituents in tobacco and aerosol by LC-MS/MS and GC-MS for Risk Reduced Products (RRPs) according to the Health Canada list and our specifications
- Participate in the development and validation of analytical methods and qualification of instruments used for quantification of constituents in aerosol
- Work in close collaboration with scientists and laboratory technicians within the group and with R&D partners
- Write methodology reports and protocols respecting the best laboratory practices
- Perform problem-solving techniques and maintenance of instruments
- Perform your duties in accordance to Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) regulations and ISO 17025 accreditation.
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons PMI is the ultimate Employer to unlimit yourself:
international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
flexible:your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
- We’re a
certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the
Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including
Marlboro, the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI aims to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
*Reduced Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. PMI’s RRPs are in various stages of development and commercialization, and we are conducting extensive and rigorous scientific studies to determine whether we can support claims for such products of reduced exposure to harmful and potentially harmful constituents in smoke, and ultimately claims of reduced disease risk, when compared to smoking cigarettes. Before making any such claims, we will rigorously evaluate the full set of data from the relevant scientific studies to determine whether they substantiate reduced exposure or risk. Any such claims may also be subject to government review and authorization, as is the case in the USA today
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate, no PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.
Job ID CF-RD-04102016