Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
Data Modelling Architect
Are you self-motivated? Do you thrive in transformation projects? Are you enthusiastic about digitalization and big-data? Do you understand the importance of enterprise data management? If yes, then this job is just for you.
We are currently hiring for a talented Senior Data Architect to join our data governance/architecture team to expand on enterprise data design implementation and exploitation to enhance global data standardization, insight and governance. This role will be based at Philip Morris International Management SA, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Ideally, you have:
- Proven experience in data architecture and data modelling from conceptual to logical data model;
- Information classification expertise at the enterprise level;
- Understanding of metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies, as well as of the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less-structured sources;
- Familiar or experience with following data domain: data analytics, big data, data integration, master data management, data quality or data governance;
- Experience in dealing with data in a consumer good or regulated multi-national industry;
- A good combination of business and technical skills is required to effectively work with all stakeholders.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills are a must to conduct walkthroughs with business and technical stakeholders in order to build the enterprise data architecture model;
- Strong persuasion skills is required to ensure leveraging and re-use of existing models;
- The ability to deal in a complex environment with a strong desire to establish data standards and best practices;
- Design thinking skills.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Specifically, you will:
Work in a team of data architects to help defining and sustain the information architecture across the company. You will build end-to-end data models, definitions and data quality rules and work with global data owners, project teams, data scientists and other partners for their leverage in e.g. consumer engagement, product development and process standardization initiatives.
Engage on an ongoing basis with one or more business functions such as Marketing & Sales or Finance as well as global process teams to understand and structure enterprise data needs and design key related data architectures top-down.
Work closely with Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects and Data Scientists to design how data needs to be captured, stored, shared and managed within global systems and platforms.
Use tools such as master data management and data dictionary solutions to maintain and enhance our enterprise data architecture from conceptual to logical design.
Be involved in data related projects as around e.g. big data platform implementation, predictive analytics and global system implementation to ensure the integrity and sustainability of the Enterprise Data architecture.
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. You will be at the core of our dynamic team of professionals, working in a multicultural environment where performance is key to success.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI aims to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. For more information, see
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position
PMI are an equal opportunities employer
Job ID CH-CF-IS-26092016