Senior Scientist Electronics
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a remarkable career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for a:
Senior Scientist Electronics
We are looking for a passionate Senior Scientist, with the following requirements:
- Master of Science Degree in electrical/electronic engineering or PhD in a natural science, engineering or equivalent disciplines
- Demonstrated experience in interdisciplinary research and development projects
- Substantial relevant academic or industrial work experience in the area of interdisciplinary research and development, typically gained from the Consumer/Mobile Electronics, Medical Devices, Scientific Instruments or Automotive industry
- Experience (or awareness) on medical device development is an asset
- Expertise to propose conceptual design/architecture and provide scientifically sound justification/theoretical background, calculations and simulations for proposed technical solution in the area of analogue electronics, in particular, high frequency power conversion electronics
- Understanding of the principles/fundamentals to perform engineering calculation/design of load matching networks
- Ability to operate HF testing equipment (e.g. network analyzer, Impedance analyzer, LCR meter)
- Keen to propose creative solutions
- Fluency in English both oral and written, French is an asset
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing our
RRP* Novel Technologies Team, within the Research & Development department, in Philip Morris Products S.A., based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As Senior Scientist you will provide guidance and support to the scientific/engineering and technical staff as well as build up knowledge in tobacco/e-cig products, physics and electronics.
- Demonstrate technical competence in area of specialization for research, development, design control and implementation of complex technical issues where little precedent exists
- Apply advanced analytical, scientific or engineering theories, concepts, and technologies to problem solving in area of development of electronics for aerosol generating engines
- Assess performance and propose modifications/improvements to best fit operational requirements
- Design of PCBs tailored for HF portable devices (good knowledge in electronics manufacturing process)
- Develop business justification, scope definition, and resource requirements for projects regarding RRP product development or improvement
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons PMI is the ultimate Employer to unlimit yourself:
We’re international:you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
• We’re a certified top employer:we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
As the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including
Marlboro, the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI aims to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
*Reduced Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. PMI’s RRPs are in various stages of development and commercialization, and we are conducting extensive and rigorous scientific studies to determine whether we can support claims for such products of reduced exposure to harmful and potentially harmful constituents in smoke, and ultimately claims of reduced disease risk, when compared to smoking cigarettes. Before making any such claims, we will rigorously evaluate the full set of data from the relevant scientific studies to determine whether they substantiate reduced exposure or risk. Any such claims may also be subject to government review and authorization, as is the case in the USA today
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate, no PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.
Job ID CF-RD-14102016