Engineer Product Design
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for:
Engineer Product Design
We`re not just looking for any Engineer, here is our checklist:
- University degree in chemical engineering / materials science/ high level technical studies
- Strong aptitude for product design; confirmed ability in new design development as well as improvement of existing solutions
- Strong project management skills and organizational ability coupled with scientific rigor and precision
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and work on several projects in parallel
- Experience in working in close partnership with external development teams and service providers
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to work effectively in a technical, multi-disciplined group in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
If you are inquisitive and innovative, have excellent problem-solving abilities, are rigorous and precise, and if working in a fast-paced environment inspires you to give the best of yourself, you are the one we want for our Product & Process Development unit of Philip Morris Products S.A. in Neuchatel, Switzerland.
The objective of PMI’s R&D team is to develop and assess products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases. This project is at the core of our business: our aim is that one day all adult smokers who otherwise wouldn’t quit will switch to what we call reduced-risk products, or RRPs*. Get to know more on www.PMIScience.com
As an Engineer you will be responsible for the development and improvement of RRP product design and assessment. You will utilize scientific/ technical knowledge to conduct research and development activities in the context of projects of moderate to complex scope. You will devise innovative concepts and lead the development and assessment activities to translate these concepts into workable solutions.
- Independently develop new designs and improve existing technical solutions that contribute to the development of Reduce Risk Product
- Perform experimental design and
- Undertake prototype design verification activities and produce test/verification reports
- Track progress relative to the plans, timeframes and resource requirements according to project scope and timing
- Ensure that the technical solutions you provide can be used by the PMI Intellectual Property Management group
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons PMI is the ultimate Employer to unlimit yourself:
1) We’re international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2) We’re flexible:your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
3) We’re a certified top employer:we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including
Marlboro, the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI aims to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
*Reduced Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. PMI’s RRPs are in various stages of development and commercialization, and we are conducting extensive and rigorous scientific studies to determine whether we can support claims for such products of reduced exposure to harmful and potentially harmful constituents in smoke, and ultimately claims of reduced disease risk, when compared to smoking cigarettes. Before making any such claims, we will rigorously evaluate the full set of data from the relevant scientific studies to determine whether they substantiate reduced exposure or risk. Any such claims may also be subject to government review and authorization, as is the case in the USA today
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate, no PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.
Job ID CF-RD-24082016