Please refer to JobSuchmaschine in your application
LEARN TO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY AND APPLY TO BE A :
S r. Scientist - Biostatistics (Safety)
Are you enthusiastic, motivated and passionate about operating within a novel regulatory framework for innovative products? Do you enjoy working in a challenging environment where you will be responsible for applying analytical methodologies that address the research objectives and support the business goals for these products? If the answer is yes, then we’d like to hear from you.
We are looking for a professional with an MSc/PhD in a biostatistical or epidemiological field with substantial experience in safety analysis/reporting, from clinical studies in pharmaceutical, consumer goods or clinical research. You possess sound knowledge of safety analysis, reporting and interpretation (GCP, GEP, GVP and SAS Product Suite). In addition you can work in an environment without a defined or structured regulatory/reporting framework and manage multiple projects with competing priorities. You are also fluent in English and are able to communicate within a safety environment to non-scientists in a way that is clear and understandable.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Philip Morris Products S.A. is looking for a Sr. Scientist - Biostatistics (Safety) to join our highly-skilled cross-functional Biostatistics team (located in Neuchâtel – Switzerland), whose objective is to support the development and assessment of new products with the potential to reduce the risks* of smoking-related diseases.
As a technical expert you will bridge scientific and business needs – integrating statistical methodology, clinical science, regulatory requirements and market/competitive intelligence. You will employ statistical procedures in a pharmacovigilance/epidemiological setting and work closely with other functions to answer important questions, applying regulatory standards to tobacco products by translating strategic needs to innovative statistical solutions.
- Ensure that the statistical procedures are in accordance with Good Clinical, Epidemiological, and Pharmacovigilance Practices (GCP, GEP, GVP), other guidances and regulatory requirements for safety reporting. Ensure the quality and integrity of the reporting, for the pre/postmarket products.
- Be accountable for the data processing, biostatistical aspects of the safety analysis and reporting/signal detection related to the product.
- Develop project plans and implement timelines so that the reporting/activities related to safety analysis have been performed and delivered on time.
- Apply appropriate biostatistical principles, data structures, techniques and practices to assess safety/signal detection.
- Generate, review, and support safety documents and reports required for regulatory submissions/safety investigations
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your fullest potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies in a highly dynamic environment. Backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with six of the world’s top 15 international brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI’s products are sold in more than 180 markets. In 2014, the company held an estimated 15.6% share of the total international cigarette market outside of the U.S., or 28.6% excluding the People’s Republic of China and the U.S. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply
* Reduced Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking combustible cigarettes. PMI’s RRPs are in various stages of development, and we are conducting extensive and rigorous scientific studies to determine whether we can support claims for such products of reduced exposure to harmful and potentially harmful constituents in smoke, and ultimately claims of reduced disease risk, when compared to smoking combustible cigarettes. Before making any such claims, we will rigorously evaluate the full set of data from the relevant scientific studies to determine whether they substantiate reduced exposure or risk. Any such claims may also be subject to government review and approval, as is the case in the USA today.
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate. No PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.
Job ID CH-CF-RD-02582